Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Kit Cars
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Kit Cars Replicas, rebodies, customs or engineering. Talk about it all here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 03:39 AM   #46
racer_in_black
AF Enthusiast

Re: Riced Out!!!!!

A Ricer Is Not A Jdm Car. Here's The Recipe For A Ricer: A Cold Air Intake, A Huge Muffler, Tripple Decker Wing, And Maybe Some Rims. Maybe And Then You Have A Ricer. Lets Not Forget The Decals That Add 10 To 15hp Each. Put That Stuff On Your Car And You're Ready To Race. Makes No Sense, They're All Monkeys.
racer_in_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 02:19 AM   #47
Canton PH34R
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Canton PH34R

So.... I like to make my car look nice because I can't afford one that already is. If you dont like ricers buy everyone a Mercedes.
Canton PH34R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 02:30 AM   #48
lowS-DIME
AF Regular

nope... i dont care if you do all that stupid shit to a cavalier... it aint a ricer becuz it aint made in japan. A ricer is a AZN car... the whole word "ricer" is a big hint...
Old 08-07-2004, 09:46 AM   #49
racer_in_black
AF Enthusiast

I Want To Hear What Other People Think Ricers Are. Any More Comments?
racer_in_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 03:58 PM   #50
mospeed1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mospeed1
Re: Re: Riced Out!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_in_black
A Ricer Is Not A Jdm Car. Here's The Recipe For A Ricer: A Cold Air Intake, A Huge Muffler, Tripple Decker Wing, And Maybe Some Rims. Maybe And Then You Have A Ricer. Lets Not Forget The Decals That Add 10 To 15hp Each. Put That Stuff On Your Car And You're Ready To Race. Makes No Sense, They're All Monkeys.

so an intake and rims makes you a ricer???????????????/
stop smoking the crack
mospeed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:43 PM   #51
StealthModifier
AF Enthusiast

what the hell is so wrong with fixin up a car?
Old 08-12-2004, 10:54 AM   #52
-FROG-
AF Regular

Re: Re: Riced Out!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthModifier
what the hell is so wrong with fixin up a car?
There's fixing up a car.... and there's messing up a car. Rice is the latter.
-FROG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:16 PM   #53
StealthModifier
AF Enthusiast

fixin up a car and messing up a car can be the exact same thing. just whatever someones opinion is... the only way to mess up a car would be to wreck it.. not to fix it up
Old 10-21-2004, 11:30 PM   #54
red cat
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to red cat

ok well, I think I'm gonno turn my car into what some people consider a "ricer" well u know what, I DON'T CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK. I am doing this for me and so I can have a car I think is nice. Anyone who doesn't like it can.....well can't say that but yeah. I think its up to whatever the person wants. If you want to street race, get a light car, make it lighter and faster, whatever. If you want a so called ricer, put some kit on it and paint it and style it the way you want. either way it turns out awsome (if the guy has a sense of style)
red cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 06:43 PM   #55
beef_bourito
AF Enthusiast

the thing that bugs me is the ricers who make their car rediculously loud. I don't mind the people who make their car "all show no go" as much but i think that if you went through the trouble of putting on a body kit you should at leased put a cold air intake, headers, high flow cat, catback system that isn't loud, and a better throttle body. You should at leased be able to beat someone who pulls up in a stock sedan or coup (not necessarily sport).
beef_bourito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 08:41 AM   #56
nialusa
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to nialusa Send a message via AIM to nialusa Send a message via MSN to nialusa Send a message via Yahoo to nialusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef_bourito
the thing that bugs me is the ricers who make their car rediculously loud. I don't mind the people who make their car "all show no go" as much but i think that if you went through the trouble of putting on a body kit you should at leased put a cold air intake, headers, high flow cat, catback system that isn't loud, and a better throttle body. You should at leased be able to beat someone who pulls up in a stock sedan or coup (not necessarily sport).
The thing is, to make your car "faster" or at least try to, you have to improve its performance to try to make it not "all show and no go" as you put it. A good place to start is the exhaust to help make the engine breath easyer. Now, I`m not a big fan of "loud" cars but mufflers restrict the flow of exhaust gases from the car in the way that they work, fewer mufflers or less restrictive mufflers = more performance = more noise. Not many performance exhaust companies make "quiet" aftermarket exhausts and with some cars its a case of buying whats available not necesserally what you want. (BTW a company called "Jetex" make a very good aftermarket quiet`ish exhaust for anyone who`s interested, fitments available for most european/japanese cars). Although I do agree that some of these exhaust tips big enough to park a small car in do look very silly sometimes.
Do what you want to your car, it dosnt hurt anyone. If we all followed the same "rules" life would be very boring.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:05 AM   #57
crownvicjim
AF Newbie

I LIKE YOUR IDEA CREEPYJON! anyone who wants the cops attention is good for us though. i have an 89 crown vic 351 thats been bored and stroked to a 427 (300 chrystler crank)all kinds of engine and suspension work but it looks stock and ittl whoop you bad come to hayward wisconsin and find out!
crownvicjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 09:20 PM   #58
jerseycavyz24
AF Regular

its all opinion, either u like it or u dont. dont get me wrong there r some people out there who go to pep boys n buy a wing, muffler, n a APC decal then hit the streets n think their tuff shit, n that drives me nuts. those r the ones u should be directing ur hate towards. but wuts wrong with customizing any car, import, domestic, suv? as long as its done right n looks clean who cares. i hate to say it but the new generation of drivers r focusing on customising the sport compacts n imports they drive, u just gotta deal wit it, n get over it. As much as i would like to go out n buy a 68 camaro n bring back to life its not gonna happen, its to much money. thats why ill custimize my daily driver n make it look good, with out spending tons of money, so deal wit ur soo called "ricers" or move to canada lol.

www.handsdownnj.com
jerseycavyz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:31 PM   #59
beef_bourito
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseycavyz24
thats why ill custimize my daily driver n make it look good, with out spending tons of money, so deal wit ur soo called "ricers" or move to canada lol.
What's that supposed to mean?
What's wrong with Canada?
beef_bourito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 05:43 PM   #60
XJ22O
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to XJ22O Send a message via Yahoo to XJ22O
I don't realy like ricers. I don't care if people try to make there cars look good. I just don't get why they bragg and think there cars are so fast. I they actuly did somyhing to the engine I would have more respect form them and the cars. My brother races a mighty compact at the local oval track. Mighty compacts are race cars but there 4 doch engines instead of the V8 late modles. That thing is a 4 cylinder but it dose a good bit of power because he has had it bored alittle bit, he has a long rod kit, 700 head, 11 pound light weight fly wheel etc. He put so much work into it. If these ricers would actuly do more intrenaly then I would have more respect. I Just don't like these guys that buy a carbon fiber vented hood and some ground effects and call them selves racers or whatever.
XJ22O is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Kit Cars