Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Lancer
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 03:23 AM   #16
LiquidSkillz
AF Newbie

Re: is it possible to make evo from lancer?

don't know if it's always been called the 4g63, maybe III and up. Don't forget that it was still a prototype. Everything they did was just for fun/R&D

They even say the 4B11 won't stand up to the older 4G63's. Cast Iron > Aluminum?

lol, well yeah, thats true, but maybe somehow it can handle more boost
LiquidSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:19 AM   #17
Ohpig
AF Newbie

So if I understand right the front bumper is a bit wider? been googling this for awhile gave up looking.

So if I put the front side frams on from a evo will the front bumper from a evo fit better? I really want an evo front bumper and rear bumper. is it worth the work or will it just be better to do a different body kit.

second project car and so the smart a$$ comments and trolling would be nice somewhere else
Ohpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #18
nugundam93
Blarg! Wort Wort Wort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohpig View Post
So if I understand right the front bumper is a bit wider? been googling this for awhile gave up looking.

So if I put the front side frams on from a evo will the front bumper from a evo fit better? I really want an evo front bumper and rear bumper. is it worth the work or will it just be better to do a different body kit.

second project car and so the smart a$$ comments and trolling would be nice somewhere else
you can make a lancer look like an evo by transplanting evo body parts like fenders, skirts, hood, bumpers and the wing, but the evo has other modifications done to it such as additional welds which the regular guy won't bother doing. of course, you do have to add the evo's engine, suspension, brakes, transmission...

btw, what lancer (chassis code) will you be using?
Old 03-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #19
Ohpig
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugundam93 View Post
you can make a lancer look like an evo by transplanting evo body parts like fenders, skirts, hood, bumpers and the wing, but the evo has other modifications done to it such as additional welds which the regular guy won't bother doing. of course, you do have to add the evo's engine, suspension, brakes, transmission...

btw, what lancer (chassis code) will you be using?
Ill be using a oz rally 03 I bought it and the front and rear bumper are dmgd so I wanted to know if I could bolt those on from the evo
Ohpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #20
nugundam93
Blarg! Wort Wort Wort!

you could, but the CT9A evo (evo7-9 where the oz lancer is related to) is wider so the bumpers will be wider than the rest of the car. you'll be forced to get the fenders too (front and rear) just to make it look okay.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Lancer