Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Kit Cars
Kit Cars Replicas, rebodies, customs or engineering. Talk about it all here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 04:28 PM   #1
-FROG-
AF Regular

Exclamation Anyone here own a Lamborghini Replica??? I do.

I hope to meet others with replicas. Mine is a red Countach LP5000 by Euro-Works Ltd. I am still amazed at the quality in this car since I got it in June2001. I have tons of pics(one in my profile) and hope to trade pics and mod secrets with others. Oh yea..... I know how to get the loudest raspiest freakin exhaust for a 2.8L V6. Almost illegaly loud!
-FROG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 10:47 AM   #2
Welby
AF Newbie

Yours is an impressive looking replica.

Most Countach replicas look cartoonish and not very realistic at all. Euro-Works replicas are nice.

I'm assuming yours is built on a stretched Fiero. Did you do it yourself? How does it drive? Anything you'd do differently or recommend to other would-be Countach builders?

I would like to build one, though it will be a while before I will be able.
Welby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 05:21 PM   #3
-FROG-
AF Regular

Thanks for the compliments! I bought mine used from a Gentleman in Atlanta. It is the most incredible car to drive. I have more fun it and get more looks in it than the Ferrari 348 Spyder I rented in Vegas. The only thing I would recomend is engine size. My car is nice as it is but I would really like to have a 3800 Supercharged V6 or Chevy V8 in it. It runs about like a 5.0 GT right now but at times I do want a little more power. No complaints though. Just one recomendation I would make is install a larger motor when building so you won't have to do a motor swap later.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:20 AM   #4
Welby
AF Newbie

FROG, thanks for the reply.

How does it drive? Is it cramped in there?

I'm about 6'2" - 6'3" tall. Would I fit, reckon?

When (and if) I build one, I would love for it to be as authentic as possible on the exterior but have a more modern looking interior. I don't like the 70's-ish look of the Countach's interior. Even the Anniversary Edition looked like that on the inside.

I have been a devoted Countach fan for more than twenty years. Other cars are faster and better in some ways, but there is nothing like a Lamborghini Countach. Even if I could afford to buy the real thing though, I would prefer a replica. I'm more of a hands-on type anyway.

I wish there were more companies making accurate Countach replicas like they do for Cobra 427s. A dream car for me would be a replica of the old Countach LP400S without the wing and with Silhouette style wheels.

Also, what is really needed is a replica of the original Countach, the LP500 Prototype.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:56 PM   #5
-FROG-
AF Regular

Hey, no poblem!

It drives like a DREAM!!!!! I have a fast Mustang for speed and have driven a 348 Ferrari but there is no compairison to driving this car. It only runs the 1/4 mile in high 14's but when I'm doing about 80 or so, I just ease down on the pedal and I'm going 100+ and there's no way I can take away my smile! I don't drive it as much as I used to because I have gotten a little used to ownig one now but I drove it the other night and I remembered how incredibly fun it is to drive FAST at night! I'm not promoting speeding here and I have to be VERY cautious about deer here in Texas at night but just cruising it at a higher speed than normal on a (low traffic) road with a good trance CD cranked up puts me in my own world of Lambotghini. I got home after doing that and was almost shaking from the rush!
As far as your height goes, I'm 6' and can make a little more room if I wanted. You are probably at the limit though for being comfortable. The car was not built for comfort, it was built for speed so you can't expect too much. For driving around town in cruises or just oying around it's not too bad. I drove it to San Antonio once(about 150 miles) and it wasn't too bad. I wouldn't want to go cross country though, well if there were a pack of Lambo's I gues I would but not recomended.
I hear ya on the "modern" interior but I would still recomend keeping it authenic. I think you would get more comlpiments from an origional look than if you had a modern design. It's not so bad to get used to. You just accept and appreciate the style back then and enjoy the ride.
There are a few companies with accurate replicas out there. My model is one of the best ( http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/8482/ ) but talk to these guys here ( http://www.kitcar.ca/yabbse/index.php ) if you want more info on other companies. Also, $ talks so you can get whatever you want if you are willing to pay for it. -Paul
Old 05-25-2003, 01:07 AM   #6
Welby
AF Newbie

FROG, I've been all over Euroworks' site. The old one and new one, and I agree, they have the best looking Countach replica available that I know of.

Other companies such as Exotic Illusions and IFG have good products but lack realism. Their cars have an almost cartoonish look to them. To me they cheapen the mystique of a Countach. IFG has a decent looking 25th, but up close you can see that even it leaves a bit to be desired.

There is a company in the UK that has a realistic one, the Mirage. Also, in Australia is a company that produces a good looking replica, but I can't remember the name of it.

There was a company here in Jackson, MS that produced some very nice Countach clones. AFI, or American Fiberbodies International, was their name. Last I heard they had moved to Xenia, Ohio. I've seen two of their Countaches and both were really impressive.

Let me ask you this: Is it ever possible just looking at your car to tell if it is fiberglass? Does the fiberglass sometimes sag on a hot day like I've heard is possible?

Finally, the window frame for the door windows is made of fiberglass, right? How sturdy is that and overall how sturdy are the fiberglass doors when lifted? And, does the lower window roll down and function like a real Lamborghini?

I know I'm peppering you with a lot of questions, but I'm really interested in this. I'm nowhere near being able to build one right now, but it is a goal of mine.

Thanks for your time.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:33 PM   #7
-FROG-
AF Regular

No problem with the questions man. I totally think it's cool you are interested. I'm glad you found some good reps out there and hopefully you will be able to locate a good one if you buy some day.

The fiberglass does not sag, ever. As you get up "nose close" to the car, you can see little flaws in the fiberglass in nooks and cranneys where the paint didn't get it good, kind of like left behind wax residue in a few spots, but so unnoticable, It's no big deal. A few stress cracks have appeared with age but again, very unnoticable. Heck, the car is 7 years old..... You can't tell it's fiberglass just by looking at it though.

The door frame and doors are fine. I neve want to yank on them or anything but open and close them all day long. They won't fall off. I have driven anout 20-30 mph and opened my door before, as long as it's not a windy day cross ways from the car.

The lower window does not roll down or move at all. I have seen a few RARE replicas that were modified somehow(I don't know how) that did roll down. I have rigged the car up so I can totally take out the windows whenever I want with the removal of 3 screws. It does lose the authenic look but it is so much fun with the bass cranked up and the air blowing in the car. Most people think the windows are rolled down that do not know about Lambo detals. I always have the windows in though at car shows. I'm a very social person so I kinda like the windows out. -Paul

Here's some more pictures of the car if you havn't seen them. Also My mustang and a few other pics too. Small video clips too of me leaving black lines in the Lambo, but may not work. You will need to join the site but it only takes a few mins. Let me know if it workes! Click link:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292457619

Old 06-29-2003, 03:02 PM   #8
Scarecrow
AF Newbie

Yeah, I've got a Countach - made by some company in Italy called Lamborghini. They're a bit on the pricey side, but come complete with a glorious V12 engine!

Old 08-27-2005, 07:14 AM   #9
WD-40
AF Newbie

I have a Lambo

I have a Lombo kit car and would like to see some pictures of your interior to maybe get some ideas. The one I have has a GM torbo charged V6 and seems to run strong and drive great.
WD-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:57 PM   #10
-FROG-
AF Regular

Re: I have a Lambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD-40
I have a Lombo kit car and would like to see some pictures of your interior to maybe get some ideas. The one I have has a GM torbo charged V6 and seems to run strong and drive great.
Here are more pics of my car. You need to create an account to view, but it's free....
Old 09-04-2005, 03:06 PM   #11
WD-40
AF Newbie

Re: Re: I have a Lambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FROG-
Here are more pics of my car. You need to create an account to view, but it's free....
Great pics. I like your plate and also the way its done around your exhaust pipes , looks clean. WD-40
WD-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 03:11 PM   #12
-FROG-
AF Regular

Re: Anyone here own a Lamborghini Replica??? I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow
Yeah, I've got a Countach - made by some company in Italy called Lamborghini. They're a bit on the pricey side, but come complete with a glorious V12 engine!

bafoon!
Old 09-04-2005, 03:14 PM   #13
-FROG-
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: I have a Lambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD-40
Great pics. I like your plate and also the way its done around your exhaust pipes , looks clean. WD-40
Thanks!
Old 11-19-2010, 07:05 AM   #14
LamborghiniReplica
AF Newbie

Re: Anyone here own a Lamborghini Replica??? I do.

Hello everyone I recently bough a Lamborghini Diablo Replica but I need to get the window regulators because they wont roll down does anyone know what type of regulators I can use here is a link to my Replica

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&id=511365453
LamborghiniReplica is offline   Reply With Quote