Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 02:18 AM   #46
Musclecarclub
AF Enthusiast

Re: roadrunner

Let's keep it civil here. Like I said, arguing about different cars tested by different drivers under different conditions is pretty pointless. All performance measurements are approximations, not absolutes.
Modifications: None - Totally stock!

Former owner of:
1969 Buick GS 400 Convertible
Modifications: 430 4bbl. V8 (from a '68 Riviera), Stage 1 spec Carb, headers, 2 1/2" exhaust, transmission shift kit, and column tachometer - to name a few ...
Musclecarclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 06:49 PM   #47
69WiLdcaT
AF Regular

i couldn't agree more, but i was just adding my final arguements... of course i'm still typing and i said i was done like 6 replies ago... :\
69WiLdcaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 07:01 PM   #48
69WiLdcaT
AF Regular

and as for you pwman... i told you when i posted it that it was NOT to tell whos car is better you dipshit... my car was like that the way it came out you idiot not with all the work you had to put into your car. as i told you before i didn't want your approval and still don't.. i don't like mopars... you don' like buick or any other GM, nothing we say to each other is going to hange that. so if you don't mind until we line up and you beat me... you don't know what my cat'll do so don't tell me what my car is capable of... like i said earlier, words don't win races... :

and you have 3 cars and one has 375
Old 01-29-2004, 07:34 PM   #49
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: roadrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69WiLdcaT
i couldn't agree more

LOL, so you couldn't agree more to keep it civil, yet you say all that crap in the next post. wow

As a matter of fact I like just about everything, be it GM, MOPAR, FORD, even some Honda's. So once again you are WRONG

BTW I'm still waiting for you to fix the link to your so called proof.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:38 PM   #50
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
and you have 3 cars and one has 375
What does that have to do with anything?
My truck will have 350 HP, when I finish building the engine. I wasn't even building it for HP, I'm going for torque. I may even build a stroker out of it, a 408 CID instead of 365.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:12 PM   #51
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
my car was like that the way it came out you idiot not with all the work you had to put into your car.

The whole reason I bought the car was to make a slow car fast. The adventure of restoring a car better than it was originally.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:19 PM   #52
jon@af
The Media Guy

Send a message via AIM to jon@af

If I see any more flaming this thread will be over.

AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
jon@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 07:50 PM   #53
69WiLdcaT
AF Regular

now can we now have a civilized conversation without you going into your homo raid of how you think your car is better... and i was with you up until you said you like some hondas... :\ oh and by the way do you know of a 67 merc Cyclone for sale or just sitting around anywhere...? just wondering looking into one of those and since you have alot of links maybe you can give me one with specs about the car...? and about the link i posted just go to musclecarclub and click grand national... or any of the other cars i talked about.. i got all the stuff from there

(see smiley face, being nice now)

:
Old 02-02-2004, 08:05 PM   #54
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Hey Honda's aren't bad for day to day transportation. But as far as modding them, yeah forget it.

What do you want to know specifically about the cyclone? I don't have any links of that off hand, but I'll do a search since you seem too lazy or computer illiterate to do.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:58 PM   #55
69WiLdcaT
AF Regular

i wasn't saying i'm too lazy to do so... geez smile=nice now, god dude back off... and i just don't like import cars... i mean if you want gas mileage go for them but power... :\ and about a cyclone i said you seem to have alot of links since you threw alot at me and i was just wondering if maybe you had come across a cyclone... and i was asking if you had ever had any experience with them.. I am asking for your thoughts this time. on performance.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:04 PM   #56
69WiLdcaT
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: roadrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWMAN
LOL, so you couldn't agree more to keep it civil, yet you say all that crap in the next post. wow

and i was not agreeing to keep it civil i was agreeing that argueing about car tests was pointless....

sorry old post was bugging me had to say it... :\ err carry on
Old 02-03-2004, 07:23 PM   #57
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
i wasn't saying i'm too lazy to do so... geez smile=nice now, god dude back off... and i just don't like import cars... i mean if you want gas mileage go for them but power... :\ and about a cyclone i said you seem to have alot of links since you threw alot at me and i was just wondering if maybe you had come across a cyclone... and i was asking if you had ever had any experience with them.. I am asking for your thoughts this time. on performance.
LOL, I was just messin with ya.
Anyway, couldn't find much on the 67'. But the 68 GT cyclone was pretty quick, with the 428 CID rated at 335 HP yet is faster than the 396 Nova rated at 375. So apparently it was way underrated as the Nova is a compact car and the cyclone is full size.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:54 PM   #58
69WiLdcaT
AF Regular

ok i was also wondering if you know anything about the weight of the car...? of how bout the weight of a Buick riv somewhere around 67,68,69 the time where they got the 430 cid engine. mainly about the riv bcause on mcc they state 1/4 et's for the riv but not for my car... so if i knew the weight of a riv i could get a better idea of what mine could do... and for the cyclone (i think it looks just like a fairlane but with a way sweter name!) me too i couldn't find much for the 67 either that's why i asked if you had anything... i'm not sure what a 68 looks like...? i think it's like the torino but i'm not sure.but anyways thanx for the info and if you find anything else let me know
Old 02-03-2004, 07:59 PM   #59
69WiLdcaT
AF Regular

by the way my car weighs 3919... is that heavy..? lol considering the GTX weighed like 4500 well my friends does anyway, not sure what other cars weigh so don't think i'm picking on the MOPAR because i used it, it's just the one i know weighs that much. lol i know how you are we'll start all over again lol
Old 02-05-2004, 09:15 PM   #60
PeteRR
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69prr4406
u can't have a Plymouth forum without a the greatest muscle car of them all the roadrunner (i only consider 68-70 roadrunners real roadrunners the rest don't have that stripped down raw power feel)
That's why I bought one.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner
451 Stroker + Keisler 5-Speed OD manual trans
PeteRR is offline   Reply With Quote