Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 10:37 PM   #181
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hybridsol
Quote:
Originally posted by ssshhhh (_burn_)
haha its funny how many people agreed with my info i know nothing about and thats completely false and how a couple people even got "schooled" on false info about gearing and they instant messaged me and apoligized to me about saying that i was wrong. ooooooo the humor in all of this.
Most ppl knew you had posted false info, at least RN, DOHC, and I did (its seems so did self and carrrnuttt). The reason none of us said anything to you is called common curtousy. We all see bogus posts daily, very few times do we confront that person. But seeing as most of us talk on IM ppl's names come up frequently.

Quote:
Originally posted by Self
I wish one of the old mods here was still around, Baldy. He lives around me. He had a professionally built LS/Vtec in his teg, and it gave him NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. I've also assisted in the build of one, and granted it runs fine with no issues, but isn't anything super impressive. The way I see it is this...You have, let's say, a 50% chance of it working right. If it does you have a decently running car, that makes decent hp and tq. If it doesn't work that's obviously bad b/c you'll constantly be putting money into it, like Baldy was, or you'll just end up scrapping it after wasting a lot of time and money. To me it's not worth the risk. You can get more power out of a straight b18(I know CJ will agree with me here). That's just my opinion though.
I do agree, especially if your equipping the vehicle with a turbo. You have to be a perfectionist to build the perfect LS/VTEC, and if your having someone else build it, its hard to assure yourself he's done the work to the best of his or her ability. My advice is to go C1 work with the LS or get a b16, that is if your still going turbo and not doing the swap yourself. As for the turbo, piece one together its alot cheaper than actually buying a kit.

Sorry for the late reply, work has been time consuming.

Last edited by hybridsol; 07-22-2003 at 02:23 AM.
hybridsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:03 AM   #182
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
CJ, thanx for your help and REAL info. To the guy that asked...179 replies because some 14 year old kid (or around there) was posing as someone else and flooding the thread with bad info. As a result, conficted answered and no real info. Since he was finally exposed by a few people who where kind enough to call him on it, the thread is finally starting to get some actual info that is helpful. As for the turbo/swap CJ, I already have the full-LS swap in there, 97 B18B1 swap. I had a few knowledgable few guys I know who have a shop in seattle do it for me. I absolutly love the swap, had it for a year, and it really moves in the lighter civic chassis. Unofrtuanly one of them isnt there now, though that confused me since he was 1/3 owner. Hence the thread here, since I can't get his advice now. I am going to go striaght LS with turbo, by that I mean fully-built LS (No LS/Vtec!!!) turbo'd. Thanx for all the help. See, it really didn't take long for me to get somewhere once the fake stopped lying in here did it. Also, thanx for your opinion on the turbo spooleffect, I'll look into it and see if I like it and if it fits in with what I am planning.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 03:28 AM   #183
DblOvrhedCamron
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DblOvrhedCamron Send a message via Yahoo to DblOvrhedCamron
Quote:
Originally posted by hybridsol

I do agree, especially if your equipping the vehicle with a turbo. You have to be a perfectionist to build the perfect LS/VTEC, and if your having someone else build it, its hard to assure yourself he's done the work to the best of his or her ability. My advice is to go C1 work with the LS or get a b16, that is if your still going turbo and not doing the swap yourself. As for the turbo, piece one together its alot cheaper than actually buying a kit.

Sorry for the late reply, work has been time consuming.
3 years later.

DblOvrhedCamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:30 PM   #184
spooleffect
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to spooleffect
Quote:
Originally posted by DblOvrhedCamron

3 years later.
I agree.... some people need to hop back into reality and realise that money doesn't fly out of their ass. Out of everbody that says they plan on getting a b16 or a turbo or whatever, less that 1% probably acutally do it.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:00 AM   #185
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Quote:
Originally posted by spooleffect

I agree.... some people need to hop back into reality and realise that money doesn't fly out of their ass. Out of everbody that says they plan on getting a b16 or a turbo or whatever, less that 1% probably acutally do it.
Okay Flyboy, He was not refering to ME there, and rippin on me, or refering to me not doing anything or "waiting 3 years." CJ is his bud, who he said a while ago would be of help on the topic. CJ didn't post after he said that for awhile. At the end of CJ's post, he said "sorry for the late reply, work has been time consuming." We have had enough BS and crap in this thread that has dragged it's ass out way longer than one would have thought, so leave the BS at the door, and don't post rude comments insulting others, espeically when you are way off base in your "agreement insult." 3 years later refers to the lateness of CJ's post, not to me doing all this "3 years later." If you feel the need to contribute meaningless junk, at least read and understand all the post. This thread has had so F'd up shit. I should know, I started the damn thread, so I have read it all. Don't go off making comments about "some ppl" which is obviously refering to me, when you don't know me. You just end up lookin like the ass yourself.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:08 AM   #186
spooleffect
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to spooleffect
Quote:
Originally posted by eckoman_pdx

OKay Flyboy, He was not refering to ME there, and rippin on me, or refering to me not doing anything or "waiting 3 years. CJ is his bud, who he said a while ago would be of help on the topic. CJ didn't post after he said that for awhile. At the end of CJ's post, he said "sorry for the late reply, work has been time consuming." He have had enough BS and crap in this thread that has dragged it's ass out way longer than one would have thought, so least the BS at the door, and don't post rude comments insulting others, espeically when you are way off base in your "agreement insult." 3 years later refers to the lateness of CJ's post, not to me doing all this "3 years later." If you feel the need to contribute meaningless junk, at least read and understand all the posts since you left off first. Othewise, you look like the first. Don't go off making comments about "some ppl" which is obviously refering to me, when you don't know me. You just end up lookin like the ass yourself.
Sorry Dude I wasn't directing it towards you, I simply misunderstood the post. I was basically responding to the imense amout of posts that people make saying their gonna have a daily driven 500hp Civic so they need to know what kinda VTEC engine will work with a T72 and a 200 shot of NOS. Ive been here a month have seen Hundreds of the exact same threads.

Sorry for the Mixup
Old 07-24-2003, 05:26 AM   #187
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

It's okay dude. Yea, too many ppl in think they wanna do something to their car cuz it's cool and they wanna be "cool." Then they try it without looking into it or knowing the first thing. I just hate it when ppl see my legit questions and pigion-hole me as that type, which I assure you I am not. I don't expect this car to be a 500hp daily-driven beast. Heck, There's no way I am daily driving it once it gets that engine fully built. I already have the engine, tranny, ecu, etc I want in the car. Already have the basic idea of where I am going, was gettin trying to get adive so I could compare and figure the route to take. LS/Vtec has been ruled out. I know what I want/need to do to the internals, etc. Looking into a lotta stuff. I am now consetrating on which Turbo I want. I don't plan to rush into building an engine, thats a good way to F it up. Also, as a said before, the reason for this posts insame lenght? Jerks postin crap and mis-info, and contrdicting crap you know isn't quite right, so the same junk keeps getting asked. There was a 13 year old in here trying to pose as someone who knew, and that really drew it out, since all that crap cluttered the leight info. Know that the fakes are gone, it was a fresh start, and things actually have been getting figured out quick now, thanks to real people and not lying jerks trying to mess things up. This car is my hobby, it's my passion to customize it. Sure, you can't do it all in one day unless you are made of money. So you plan it out while saving up, so when the day comes, you do it correct. It's always more costly to do the same job twice.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:24 PM   #188
Doubletap
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Doubletap Send a message via Yahoo to Doubletap
Re: Turbo on an LS

bump
Some good stuff in here just skip pages 4-11, some dumbass kid

DoubleTap
Doubletap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 04:08 AM   #189
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Re: Re: Turbo on an LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
bump
Some good stuff in here just skip pages 4-11, some dumbass kid

DoubleTap
Yea, that dumbass kid really slowed up the progress of my trend way back when it started...still your right...you skip over his dumb ass and this thread was very informative.....on a side note....I remember what it was about the GSR head...that I couldn't remember when this thread was active.....some engine builders prefer the GSR head due to the quench area of the head....I beilive it was a more complete combustion...I could be wrong, I can't remember that exactly. I'd have to go read about it again. But yeah, when the thread was talkin about B16A heads vs GSR heads for the LS/Vtec, I couldn't remember what it was about the GSR head that was good or more preferable to some engine builders....it was the quench area....now beyond that...I don't remember...so it doesn't help out much, but at least I remembered...I ment to post it soon, but the thread slowed so I never got around to it.