Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 01:14 PM   #1
jenster
AF Newbie

automatic window stuck open

My Nissan 200sx has the driver side window stuck in the open postion! I have lived through 3 days of pouring rain and would like to at least close it manually until I can have it properly fixed. I removed the door panel and can see the switch which does not respond to pushing. Is there any way I can manually close the window ??????
jenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 02:24 AM   #2
Doug Rodrigues
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Doug Rodrigues
This sounds like a question for a dealership mechanic, or maybe the service writer may know. Doesn't hurt to give them a phone call. Removing the drive motor should allow you to push the glass up and jam something under the glass to hold it in position , but you'd probably be causing more labor later to undo what you did to close the window manually. Also, you'd have to have very small hands to work in that tight area.

*Years ago when I worked as a line mechanic, it was a joke to see a customer bring a car into the shop in pieces. Whatever it was that they tried to repair usually cost them more money in the long run by the damage that they did. Imagine opening up something that falls apart, and then discovering that the part has to be completely removed in order to be reassembled. If you can't undo what you did, then you're stuck with paying high shop rates for the mechanic do the job. Even with me, some things have to go to the person with the expertise. Not all mechanics can fix all things.
Doug Rodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:07 AM   #3
mnjeeptech
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mnjeeptech
Re: automatic window stuck open

Probably a passenger side window motor or switch, suggest just fixing it. If you try to rig something inside the door you will most likely damage the regulator and cause more damage.
mnjeeptech is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk