Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '04+
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
RyanCSpgs
AF Newbie

Lightbulb VW Jetta 2004 2.0 Several Engine Codes

Asking for a little troubleshooting help. These codes have come on consistently after clearing and then driving again. It started with the vehicle having major lurching hesitation during acceleration from a stop and in 1st gear. I removed and inspected the MAF Sensor, which had no obstruction or other obvious problems then the engine codes began immediately...

The codes:
These include P0445 - EVAP Emissions, P0137 - O2 Sensor, P0141 - MAF Sensor, P0102 - Mass Air Flow. There are 3 other lights like P2400 (no idea what that is)

Anything in common problem between these components? The car has over 60K miles. Thanks
RyanCSpgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
RyanCSpgs
AF Newbie

Re: VW Jetta 2004 2.0 Several Engine Codes

Just in case anyone is curious, I found the problem. While troubleshooting the MAF power (prior to engine light and codes) I created my own secondary problem; I had blown the 10A fuse (#43) by incorrectly testing the voltage. I'm obviously not a mechanic and made a mistake that added to the Joy of fixing a vehicle. The original lurching and hesitation problem is gone too...gotta love cars that strangely heal themselves!!
RyanCSpgs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RyanCSpgs For This Useful Post:
cosmonaunt (10-10-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 02:25 PM   #3
cosmonaunt
AF Newbie

Talking Re: VW Jetta 2004 2.0 Several Engine Codes

Thank you!!

I had a list of codes and had to rev the engine to start it up. it was just a fuse. turned a $150 dollar fix into a $10.

I still had codes and had to clear them. Going to drive around and see what comes back up

If anyone is interested these are the codes:

P0141 - O2 B1S2
P2181 - COOLING SYSTEM PERFORMANCE
P0130 - 02 B1S1
P0031 - 02 HEATER CONTROL LOW B1S1
P2400 - EVAP LEAK DETECTION PUMP (OPEN)
P0445 - EVAP PURGE VALVE CIRCUIT SHORTED
P0037 - O2 HEATER CONTROL LOW B1S2
P0418 - SECONDARY AIR INJECTOR RELAY A MALFUNCTION
P0102 - MASS OR VOLUME AIR FLOW A CIRCUIT LOW INPUT

I know not all of them where the cause of that bad fuse, but it definetly helped. going to replace the O2 sensors soon..
cosmonaunt is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '04+