Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Contour
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 12:53 PM   #1
grncivicdhr
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to grncivicdhr
svt contour performance parts.

hey. you guys don't have an FAQ like we do in the 240sx forum so i just wanted to ask a question:

my friend has an SVT contour and was looking to get rid of it, i convinced him it was a kick ass car and that her should tune it up then tune it a bit. the only problem is find websites that cator to performance parts for the car.

basically we're looking for suspension components (struts, springs or coil overs, sway bars, struct tower braces, bushings, etc...), brake upgrades, bolt ons (intake, headers, exhaust) and performance engine parts such as high lift cams (what lift and duration to get tho?) cam gears, underdrive pullies, lightened fly wheels etc... then engine management (will an apex-i afc work?)

any help you guys could give as far as websites or good tuning programs would kick ass. he's looking for about 230-250 hp adn great handling. this car will mainly be used for auto-x.
grncivicdhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 01:06 PM   #2
grncivicdhr
AF Premium User

i've found www.contour.org
this seems to be a pretty good site, but are there others?
Old 05-20-2004, 04:30 PM   #3
beyondloadedSE
AF Ford Contour-Advisor

Re: svt contour performance parts.

CEG is the best contour/mystique enthusiast group there is, hense why Ive been a member since 2000 and why its in my signature. There is quite a bit of aftermarket for the contour; most people just dont know about it since CEG is the reason that products are made. (ex. Street Flight turbo kit, bodykits, carbon fiber hoods, projector lights, cams, etc.) None of these would have been possible without members on CEG. Your friend can easily get 250 hp. Just swap in a 3.0L engine and hes looking at 200+ whp and quite a bit more torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grncivicdhr
i've found www.contour.org
this seems to be a pretty good site, but are there others?
www.fordcontour.org
www.svtperformance.com
www.street-concepts.net
www.streetflight.com

Quote:
basically we're looking for suspension components (struts, springs or coil overs, sway bars, struct tower braces, bushings, etc...)
Check out www.spmotorsports.com Tons of suspension parts there.

Quote:
brake upgrades,
Brake kits that are offered are Baer, Wilwood, TCE, Brembo, BAT, etc.
www.spmotorsports.com, www.batinc.net, www.tceperformanceproducts.com

Quote:
bolt ons (intake, headers, exhaust) and performance engine parts such as high lift cams (what lift and duration to get tho?) cam gears, underdrive pullies, lightened fly wheels etc... then engine management (will an apex-i afc work?)
MSDS sells shorty headers for the car. SHM did make long tube headers, but stopped making them because of the little demand. Check out www.msdsinc.com for headers. Intakes can be gotten from www.kustomz.com and spmotorsports.com. Cat cams do make a set of cams for the duratec but im not sure what their web address is or the lift/duration. Check over on CEG, since were the ones that got them made. Pullies, flywheels, clutches, etc can all be gotten from spmotorsports.com. Both the apexi safc and avc-r boost controller will work.

"The CEG Nazi"
www.contour.org
1996 Ford Contour SE - Sold
3.0L V6 and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit
364 whp, 410 wtq @ 16 psi and only 4,700 rpms.
1999 Tropic Green SVT Contour - Bone stock and MINT
beyondloadedSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 04:45 PM   #4
grncivicdhr
AF Premium User

thanks for the help and all the web addresses. CEG has a lot of info that i've been looking through today.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:46 AM   #5
Dr.Gonzo
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Dr.Gonzo Send a message via Yahoo to Dr.Gonzo
Re: svt contour performance parts.

Instead of getting the MSDS headers you can do what a friend of mine did to his old 98 SVT Contour and gut your pre-cats depending on where you live. We live in Omaha NE so there's no emissions tests.

Good idea on keep the SVT it's a awsome 4 cammed bad ass that when my friend had his smashed more than a few unsuspecting people.
The SVT Contour is one of the best sleepers on the road. Just remember the SVTC is a great top end car. Exhaust,chips,Intake,Header or gutting pre-cats, plus Y pipe will do a lot more than you would think. Don't lose faith in the car.
Dr.Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 06:35 PM   #6
myconsvt
AF Newbie

Re: Re: svt contour performance parts.

i have a 98 svt with upgrades and it is a major sleeper i have blown more than a few people away. they are bad ass cars
myconsvt is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Contour