Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

Posting Images How to...

There are numerous ways to upload an image so it can show up in your threads. One of which is using the AF Image Gallery and another is using a photo hosting site such as photobucket.

Member stevenoble has created a step by step (shown below) using photobucket.

Uploading Photos step by step using Photobucket.
To upload photos of your work go to www.photobucket.com and open an account it's free.Once your account is open go to the photobucket homepage and click the album tab.

On the album page you will see a box in the top right corner where you upload your pictures.It looks like this.

You will see browse buttons on this page.Click each one and you can select the picture you want to upload from your computer.Do this on each browse button for each picture you want to upload.

You start with 3 browse buttons (3 pictures) If you want to upload more pictures click the 'Add More' button and more browse buttons will appear.

Once you have added your photos you should see them in a list with green ticks on the left side like this

When you have all your photos you want to upload click the upload button and wait for them to upload.

Once they have uploaded you will see them on your album page in thumbnail format like this.

Select a picture you want to use and left click the bottom link under the picture 'Copied' will appear and it goes yellow and black like this

Now go to the forum page and open your thread.Then where you want the picture to appear in the thread simply paste it.Right click where you want it and hit paste.The Photobucket link will appear in the thread, just like below.

Repeat this as many times as necessary adding your pictures where you want them in your thread.It helps to have Automotive Forums and Photobucket both open at the same time on different tabs and then you can easily switch between one and the other to do the pasting of the photo links.Once you post your thread the Photobucket links will turn into pictures within the thread.

Here is the picture I copied and pasted earlier the McLaren wheel

Images and text by member: stevenoble.

TS

Members please read: Guidelines
twospirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:13 AM   #2
blazee
Problem?

Re: Posting Images How to...

Here's the one I did for Imageshack.

Hosting the image.

1. Go to www.imageshack.us.

2. Click on "Browse":

3. Locate the image on your computer and click "open":

4. Image size:

If you'd like the image to be automatically resized, check the "resize image?" button, choose 640x480 from the drop down menu, and then click "host it":

If you want the image left the original size, make sure that "resize image?" is not selected and click "host it":

5. Your image is now hosted:

Posting the Image.

1. ImageShack gives you several options, but you only need to be concerned with two.
Option 1 is useful for large images. This option will display a smaller version of your image in your post, and open the full sized version when clicked. To use this option, just copy the code given and paste it in your post and you're done.

Option 2 is the direct link to the image, using this will display the full sized image in your post. The steps below will work for the url of any image, not just the ones hosted at ImageShack:

2. Highlight the url, right click it and choose "copy":

3. There are couple methods of including it in your post.

Method 1: Click the image button:

Right click in the box, choose paste and then click "Ok". You're done.:

Method 2: Paste the url directly in the reply box, and then type in the image code around it. "[img]" before before the url and "[/img]" after it, and you're done:

Your image will look like this if you chose to post it as a thumbnail:

It will look like this if you chose to put the full size image in your post:

blazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:15 AM   #3
youngkia1
Authorized Kia Vendor

I'm actually looking for this because i want to post some pictures here. Lucky to dropped by on this thread. Thanks dude.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
raquelha
AF Newbie

Just curious....why not just upload them directly from your computer?
raquelha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:03 AM   #5
Mollysmith
AF Newbie

Thanks for the post and the steps are very clear to move on.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #6
wrenchhead64
AF Newbie

I am not sure where to post this question. I hope you can help me? How do you find people who work on similar vehicles that i work on? I also can't find where i put down what cars I own so other people know?
wrenchhead64 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic