Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
perki
AF Newbie

Angry '03 Ram 1500 Hemi Transmission Problems

With only 16,500 miles and at only 1.5yrs old this truck has been in the shop 3x now with transmission problems. The 1st time was within a month or two of owning it and they replaced the entire computer supposedly. Now a month ago while driving it suddenly lost power and I found it that it went into "save mode" and threw it into 2nd gear so it would at least take off from a light safely and go about 50mph without hurting gears, etc. This time they said it was a transmission selonoid and replaced it. Well it happened again about a week after I got it back. And this time they tried several different items and again seems to go back to the computer board. I received it back this past Tuesday night and it hasn't dropped it down yet, but now there is a loud sound almost like rushing air but it is after driving it about 20mins, not immediately. I tightened the lid to the air filter compartment, it was loose, but that hasn't stopped the noise.

so 2 questions, anyone else have issues with their transmission like this? and does anyone have any idea what hose or something may be making this loud rush of air sound now? I am bringing it back into the dealer next week - it is still under the 3yr 30,000 warranty - but this is getting rediculous! Thanks for any input.
perki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 08:01 PM   #2
Blylock
AF Newbie

honestly i would write a letter or call dodge home office and file a personal complaint. ive know people to make out very well when they buy a new vehicle and its always breaking. tell them you want them to extend your factory warranty to 60k for all the bs your going through. you bought it, its not what you expected. a friend of mine had a 01 suburban that must have been built by crackheads, in 03 he wrote 2 letters to GM about it, with a copy of all the dealer invoices. they gave him a brand new 03 in its place, made his loan payment the same as the 01, and the payoff date the same. in other words, they swapped him the 03, but his loan never changed. i was jealous, a brand new truck, 3 years left to pay on it, 402 per month.

dont hurt to bitch, you paid alot of money for it, let them know your pissed off.
KN cold air intake
Bosch +4 Platnum Plugs
180 Degree Thermostat

I would suggest to anyone with a Ram to convert to a performance exhaust, especially if towing alot.
Blylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 02:39 PM   #3
perki
AF Newbie

Re: '03 Ram 1500 Hemi Transmission Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blylock
honestly i would write a letter or call dodge home office and file a personal complaint. ive know people to make out very well when they buy a new vehicle and its always breaking. tell them you want them to extend your factory warranty to 60k for all the bs your going through. you bought it, its not what you expected. a friend of mine had a 01 suburban that must have been built by crackheads, in 03 he wrote 2 letters to GM about it, with a copy of all the dealer invoices. they gave him a brand new 03 in its place, made his loan payment the same as the 01, and the payoff date the same. in other words, they swapped him the 03, but his loan never changed. i was jealous, a brand new truck, 3 years left to pay on it, 402 per month.

dont hurt to bitch, you paid alot of money for it, let them know your pissed off.

Thanks for your reply. I will definitely do that, already began getting the exact dates, etc together to do so. That would be nice to get a new vehicle..a pain though with all we have had to go thru so far.
perki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:34 PM   #4
Blylock
AF Newbie

well you may not get a new one, but im sure they will do something for you...lots of luck
KN cold air intake
Bosch +4 Platnum Plugs
180 Degree Thermostat

I would suggest to anyone with a Ram to convert to a performance exhaust, especially if towing alot.
Blylock is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10