Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 08:12 PM   #121
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10.5sec92AWDTALON
Who is magazine racing?

I'm talking cold, hard facts, I race at the local track, it's only 5 miles from my house. I've seen plenty of Maxima's. Your 260 Maxima is a 15 second car, at the track, on the road, whatever. My SS and the LS1 F Bodys are mid to low 13 second cars.
there's a HUGE difference. Same weight, 70-90 more HP. How could you possible think you can beat that?

You *seem* like a reasonably intelligent guy, not like the dink that posted this thread. Do you really believe your 260 HP Maxima would be faster than a 350 HP LS1 F body, unless there was something seriously wrong with the car or the driver?

Let me put it this way? Do you think you could beat an LS1 Corvette? They run almost identical times to the LS1 F bodies?

If you really think your Maxima can beat a Vette
( or an LS1 F body) I can only assume your no where near as smart as I thought you were.

And I never said the Maxima was a bad car, they are very nice, just no where near in the same league speed wise as an LS1 is.
Not to disagree with you but the LS1 F-body and LS1 Vette don't run the same number's while the engine is basically the same the Corvette had a higher profile Camshaft, Less restrictive Intake and Exhaust Manifold. While I do agree they are under-rated they actually put out somewhere around 320-325 if you look at Dyno numbers and calculate for drivetrain lose. Not to mention the Vette has less drag and weighs less but yes you should be able to kill a Maxima. Also the average LS1 owner usually get Mid - High 13's at the track which is very impressive none the less
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.

Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
FormulaLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:15 PM   #122
FBODIES>MAXIMAS
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to FBODIES>MAXIMAS Send a message via Yahoo to FBODIES>MAXIMAS
Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

You All Fear The Ls1!!!!!
Ls2.com Own3z You All!!!!
FBODIES>MAXIMAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:18 PM   #123
10.5sec92AWDTALON
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaLT1
Not to disagree with you but the LS1 F-body and LS1 Vette don't run the same number's while the engine is basically the same the Corvette had a higher profile Camshaft, Less restrictive Intake and Exhaust Manifold. While I do agree they are under-rated they actually put out somewhere around 320-325 if you look at Dyno numbers and calculate for drivetrain lose. Not to mention the Vette has less drag and weighs less but yes you should be able to kill a Maxima. Also the average LS1 owner usually get Mid - High 13's at the track which is very impressive none the less
I agree to a point, but there are quite a few LS1 Fbodys that run stock to near stock mid 13's and faster. My SS running 13.1 is a good example. And that's with poor traction stock tires. A set of drag radials would probably let me crack a 12.95.
10.5sec92AWDTALON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:19 PM   #124
10.5sec92AWDTALON
AF Enthusiast

Also the 2000-2002 F body LS1 have the LS6 intake manifold.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:20 PM   #125
FBODIES>MAXIMAS
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to FBODIES>MAXIMAS Send a message via Yahoo to FBODIES>MAXIMAS

Maximas Are Slow, They Will Always Be Slow, Even A Stock Lt1 In Good Shape Would Rape A Maxima, Never Mind An Ls1, Lay Off The Crack Pipe Buddy

Ls2.com Own3z You
Old 09-24-2004, 08:21 PM   #126
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1

I'm ashamed to own a F-body at this point. You people are a joke. You jump on a band wagon to trash someone that doesn't even know about cars and then make up facts because you figure they won't know the difference in the first place well if you drive as well as you make points the Maxima's will kill your cars. Peace Out!. Loser's
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.

Old 09-24-2004, 08:22 PM   #127
FBODIES>MAXIMAS
AF Newbie

Im AsHamed You Own An F Body Too, Cause Your On A Maxima Site
Old 09-24-2004, 08:23 PM   #128
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10.5sec92AWDTALON
Also the 2000-2002 F body LS1 have the LS6 intake manifold.
All 2000 -2002 Did not get the LS6 , 1/4 of 2001 & 2002 models got the LS6 block look it up

Old 09-24-2004, 08:23 PM   #129
10.5sec92AWDTALON
AF Enthusiast

Ummm...what fact is made up?
Old 09-24-2004, 08:24 PM   #130
FBODIES>MAXIMAS
AF Newbie

The Ls1 Can Neva Lose!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 08:24 PM   #131
10.5sec92AWDTALON
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaLT1
All 2000 -2002 Did not get the LS6 , 1/4 of 2001 & 2002 models got the LS6 block look it up
ummm...I did not say BLOCK..I said INTAKE MANIFOLD.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:24 PM   #132
Bird of Fire
AF Newbie

I didn't make up any facts. The ricers are doing all the fact making.

As if an TBI 305 88 SBC is the same as a fucking LS1!!! AAAAAAAAHAHHAHAH what a bunch of tards! "Well chevy makes em both so they both must suck!" Morons!
Bird of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:27 PM   #133
krispycamaro
AF Newbie

just saying hi

my car left, my buddys car right, i can accept both cars for what they are, but to say a stock maxima will come close to a LT1 is a joke, it has to be, my buddys car has full bolts on (SE-R spec V 6 spd) and it nots even a race btw him and I, and his car has 175 hp stock, maximas have 190, he has many mods and is lighter (BTW he ran a 15.6 @ 86 w/ 2.3 60', my best stock was 14.2@97.5 w/ 2.25 60')

krispycamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:27 PM   #134
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

1. The Corvette & F-body have the same exact engine!. NOT TRUE

2. The Average Stock LS! run 13.2!. Not the case sorry

3. They actually put out 350 horsepower really not the case. You will find it printed no where that they put out anything within 30 horsepower of that anywhere even though I agree they are under-rated

Old 09-24-2004, 08:31 PM   #135
FBODIES>MAXIMAS
AF Newbie

Ls1 Fbodies Dyno Around 320rwhp Stock, Thats Around 350 At The Motor, The Difference Is The Exhaust, And Most Run 13.x-13.5

Ls2.com Own3z You!!!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35