Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-18-2001, 05:45 PM   #46
Heep
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Heep Send a message via MSN to Heep
OK, good. Just be careful...I care about Maximas

Theoretically, your pistons can move at huge speeds (like 20,000+ RPM). The reason for your redline is move the valves. If you overrev, they can float open (not close in time) and they may strike the piston. This would almost definately mean it's time to get a new engine. Plus, the amount of horsepower and torque you have past redline is probably less than the amount you have 4000 RPM below redline, so there is no real reason to exceed redline. That's OK if you accidentally downshift too high, just be careful. Your engine doesn't like it

Yes, a 1.8 can really get going, they can make them quite powerful now. Given enough room, almost any engine can get going that fast, depending on aerodynamics and gearing as well.

Old 04-19-2001, 12:47 AM   #47
bobo_80
AF Regular

Wink thx heep.........!!

well...after hearing from u....i think i won't push my engine as hard.....i won't want it to screw up...
.......and i was wondering if there are any turbos or SCs for my 99'auto max.....if there are...how much are they?.
.....and about the y pipe...how does it work?....thx
bobo_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 09:04 AM   #48
Heep
AF Fanatic

You can still work her hard...just don't go past redline

Stillen sells both a supercharger and a y-pipe for the 99 Maxima. Prices are $3599,00 for the supercharger (part #407250) and $395 for the Y-pipe (part #503385). You can call them at (714) 540-5566 for more info, or visit the website at www.stillen.com

Old 04-19-2001, 01:05 PM   #49
bobo_80
AF Regular

oh ok...!!

thanx heep......
Old 04-19-2001, 08:09 PM   #50
Heep
AF Fanatic

No problem, man

Old 04-19-2001, 11:52 PM   #51
bobo_80
AF Regular

Wink uhh.......

does anyone know if i could put a turbo in my 99' max?
....is a blow off valve reasonable for a automatic tranny?
....thx a lot..!!
Old 12-28-2001, 01:06 AM   #52
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Post redline Maxima

I dont think that you will hurt your maxima going over redline,
if you do, the engine just shuts itsself off until it shifts again.
Bo Bo I dont get what your saying about the od being off when trying
to race cause when you got the pedal to the floor, it isnt gonna go
into overdrive anyway. If you hold it to the floor long enough
it might go into od, but if you hit the od button to shut it off, then
its gonna redline and then?
joeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 04:40 PM   #53
amer
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to amer
Post Asian Max Beats your a$$

hahaha....
you think all maxima's are alike???
you're wrong man...
I own an Asian Market Maxima, Auto of course, cause I like it sporty and luxurious...
I have raced a Manual American Market MAX< non of the two cars is moded, both are still new, And guess what, I beated his ass, I didn't expect that, his car is Manual and mine is heavier than his.....
but, I beated him because when we started the race his car didnt go fast first, because the tires were circulating very fast making smoke while it's not going that fast, but mine didnt take long as his car did>>>>

IT'S NOT ALWAYS THE HORSEPOWER OR WHATEVER, It's about many other things!

http://www.geocities.com/dr_hacker101/maxima.html
amer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 05:48 PM   #54
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

so you raced a guy who can't drive? what's the big deal
i've seen civics beat Ferrari's
it's all about the driver
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 07:38 PM   #55
irvine78
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to irvine78 Send a message via Yahoo to irvine78
Re: you have to know this............!!

Quote:
Originally posted by bobo_80
okok....i went and took my car for run yesterday......i discovered that if ur above 20~30km/h
.......the most downshift the automatic will do for you is 2nd gear.......if u wanna drive fast
from that speed......shift into the 1st gear and full throtle.....the car lunches like a rocket...
.......when u reach about 6200RPM, shift into 2nd gear and press the O/D.....so it says O/D
off on the panel................let the 2nd gear reach about 6400RPM and shift in to (D).....
....since the over drive is off the gear will maintain in 3rd gear.....and the speed is still rising fast
.........trust me all the ppl who owns a auto max should try it......it's alsome...^^...!!
u don't have to turn off the O/D switch...at that rate of acceleration, the computer won't hit the OD....

Check out my new homepage!!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/irvine78
mods:Stillen/Premier custom intake, Stillen y-pipe, Stillen front strut tower bar, Stillen rear sway bar, Stillen touring front lip, Stillen side skirts and rear valence, GReddy Evolution cat-back, MSD In-line fuel pump, 2 B&M fuel pressure regulator set at 45psi with VDO read out gauge, Unorthodox racing UDP, Custom 8puck racing clutch/pressure plate, 100shot NOS, Eibach springs, KYB AGX shocks, 300ZX TT front calipers, 12.4inch 3000GT VR-4 cross drilled/slotted front rotors, custom rear superslot rotors with AXISS metal master pads, SS breaklines, red painted calipers, Joshua Tree carbon fiber dash kit, Pacesetter short shifter with MOMO knob, aluminum RAZO pedals, panasonic head unit, Alpine amp and single 12" JL sub, autometer air/fuel, oil pressure guages, Gunmetal Gray 18x7.5 AXIS SE7ENs with 225/40/18 Falken tires/19x8 WORK ESPERIO IIs with 245/35/19 Yokohama AVS Sports, front/rear clear corners, factory fog lights, factory spoiler and 00-01 SE tail lights, AE headlight conversion, JDM style yellow Raybrig blubs up front/rear, APEXi RSM.....shoot...did i leave something out?
irvine78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 07:42 PM   #56
irvine78
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Heep
You can still work her hard...just don't go past redline

Stillen sells both a supercharger and a y-pipe for the 99 Maxima. Prices are $3599,00 for the supercharger (part #407250) and $395 for the Y-pipe (part #503385). You can call them at (714) 540-5566 for more info, or visit the website at www.stillen.com

they won't sell it to you if you have an auto...don't blame me for this...there have been too many blown auto tranny....

the auto tranny on Maxima isn't designed to take that much hp..sooner or later, they'll all blow..seen it myself too...

mods:Stillen/Premier custom intake, Stillen y-pipe, Stillen front strut tower bar, Stillen rear sway bar, Stillen touring front lip, Stillen side skirts and rear valence, GReddy Evolution cat-back, MSD In-line fuel pump, 2 B&M fuel pressure regulator set at 45psi with VDO read out gauge, Unorthodox racing UDP, Custom 8puck racing clutch/pressure plate, 100shot NOS, Eibach springs, KYB AGX shocks, 300ZX TT front calipers, 12.4inch 3000GT VR-4 cross drilled/slotted front rotors, custom rear superslot rotors with AXISS metal master pads, SS breaklines, red painted calipers, Joshua Tree carbon fiber dash kit, Pacesetter short shifter with MOMO knob, aluminum RAZO pedals, panasonic head unit, Alpine amp and single 12" JL sub, autometer air/fuel, oil pressure guages, Gunmetal Gray 18x7.5 AXIS SE7ENs with 225/40/18 Falken tires/19x8 WORK ESPERIO IIs with 245/35/19 Yokohama AVS Sports, front/rear clear corners, factory fog lights, factory spoiler and 00-01 SE tail lights, AE headlight conversion, JDM style yellow Raybrig blubs up front/rear, APEXi RSM.....shoot...did i leave something out?
Old 12-30-2001, 07:46 PM   #57
irvine78
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by 2KMAx
My bad Brian. I thought on the way back from the stop light that you were even. I never saw the race, just thought you said that.. Stick Maxes should beat an Auto max any day. But it's all in the driving ability of the Stick max driver. All we have to do is slam on the gas (Auto)... Thanks Brian for meeting with us at Calabasas.. later..

i was racing this one black 4th gen...GXE...i think he was auto...had intake and exhaust(don't know if he had y-pipe)..we were on freeway and i heard his tranny kick-down, so i just mashed my pedal too(i stayed in 5th gear)...like Brian's saying...5th gear in Maxima is really good..the 4th gen gained on me just a little, but i started to pull away..all without even changing my gear..

Old 12-30-2001, 08:13 PM   #58
joeB
AF Enthusiast

irvine78

you are right about the 5 speed and the auto max, the auto kinda
sucks in speed after 90 mhp , put a five speed down and it goes
off flying..
joeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 12:02 PM   #59
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mtrai760
My auto still fly's after 90mph, and I don't lose to 5 spds either...
Faster than jOO!

A hunting we will go...
mtrai760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 01:24 PM   #60
irvine78
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by mtrai760
My auto still fly's after 90mph, and I don't lose to 5 spds either...

well..ur little different....

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35