Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Avenger
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
cardboardpimp420
AF Regular

2008 Dodge Avenger?

I personally think that they ruin the avenger but here you go!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphoto...-dodge-avenger
cardboardpimp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
neon_rt
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2008 Dodge Avenger?

The Avenger was a red-headed step child piece of crap car.
What part would they be able to ruin?

The new Avenger is related to the old one only in name.
There are no interchangeable parts.
neon_rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #3
cardboardpimp420
AF Regular

you know, just because you don't like the avenger it doesnt mean you should go into the avenger forum and keep talking about how it is a piece of crap. i would personally never own a neon, i hate neons, but i dont go into the neon board and rip on it do i? so how about you just shut the fu*k up?
Old 01-19-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
neon_rt
AF Enthusiast

I was talking about a car, not a person. Chill.
The Avenger was a joint effort car between Mitsubishi and Chrysler.
They mixed a lot of parts together to make the car. Mitsu engine, DCX trans, DCX engine controller and DCX trans controller.
It makes it tough to find a path to improvement for the owners of the car. Many of the power improvement mods for the Mitsu engine cannot be used on the Avenger because they are not compatible with the engine control electronics. Apparently the engine controlers in the Mitsubishi cars are either much superior or more easily moded.
You would be better off with a Mitsubishi Eclipse which is essentially the same car except that you get Mitsu electronics and transmission or a Neon which keeps all of the Dodge pieces together. Mixes are bad.

Back to the original post, what part of the Avenger could be messed up any worse than the original?
Old 01-20-2007, 01:01 AM   #5
cardboardpimp420
AF Regular

well you happen to be talking about a car i like, and i know you would take offense if somebody told you your car was a pos. dont act like you wouldnt. theres just no need for that whatsoever

and to answer your question, in MY OPINION, they pretty much ruin the whole car and whether YOU like it or not doesnt decide whether its a pos or not

dont insult something that people like/own if you dont want people saying things against you...it is a very quick way of making enemies
Old 01-22-2007, 12:43 PM   #6
neon_rt
AF Enthusiast

I never said I didn't like Avengers.
They are all show but not too much in the go department.
I wish, as most Mopar fans do that they would have used the same engine as the Neon or the same engine as the Eclipse. Instead they decided to invent something only used in Avengers. If you have a v6 Avenger you are in some luck, you can transplant a 3.0 v6 from a Mitsubishi sedan into it with hardly any mods at all.
Like most Mopars any single model can range from total junk to a real barn burner, they have personality and no two seem to have the same one. If you have a Honda or Toyota everything works all the time, cars are consistant and reliable, how boring.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:50 PM   #7
cardboardpimp420
AF Regular

my problem wasnt you saying that you dont like the avenger, cause thats an opinion and your intitled to it, kind of like i was saying i dont like the 2008 model, thats an opinion, what you said was that they ARE pieces of crap
Old 01-22-2007, 05:22 PM   #8
neon_rt
AF Enthusiast

From an engineering and potential point, I don't think there would be many to disagree with my evaluation of the stock Avenger.
It is unfortunate, they could have had a Turbo 2.0l or a N/A 2.4l Mitsubishi 4-cyl or a Mitsu 3.0l V6 with Manual Transmissions available and had a really good car. Mitsubishi already had these engine/transmissions in their Mitsu branded cars, it's a shame.
My sister had an Avenger 2.0l for about 3 years that she bought new.
She ended up taking a big loss on it b/c it kept breaking down all the time so she traded it right as the warranty ran out.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:28 AM   #9
Ramvenger
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Ramvenger

All That being said I too think that the new Avenger model as well as the sebring look like pieces of crap!
I also agree that the avenger everybody knows and loves could have had so much potential if dodge hadn't have screwed up by giving it so little to work with.
In all reality, If doge had just done something so simple as given the v6 model (the most powerful engine the avenger came with) a simple manu trans there wouldn't be much dissappointment in the avenger. I mean seriously who makes a v6 with only an automatic transmission, that just doesn't make any sense to me.
Ramvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:48 PM   #10
neon_rt
AF Enthusiast

I think the new Avenger is probably looking more at the Camry market than the sports car market. The Camry is a boring old lady car if there ever was one. The thing is, it is dependable, well engineered and has a 268hp V6 that will blow the doors off of most of the ricers running around. The Avenger is still coming up short with only 232hp, but the 6-speed automatic should help. I would be interested in buying one, maybe.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:15 PM   #11
imm3doorsdown
AF Newbie

WOW avenger neon WOW can't we all just get along
imm3doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Avenger