Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 01:26 PM   #1
_~Hapex~_
AF Newbie

what problems come with Ls V-tech

i have an option to buy an Ls V-tech or a 93 prelude V-tech and i dont know which one would be less work.
_~Hapex~_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 06:52 PM   #2
95TegSE
AF Enthusiast

Re: what problems come with Ls V-tech

If the prelude VTEC has its original engine, then depending on the condition and mileage it will most likely be less work. Even if it has a swap, it will probably take less to maintain it than and LS/VTEC. We more info though.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:34 PM   #3
edman24
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to edman24
Re: Re: what problems come with Ls V-tech

the problems are people who dont know anything about lsvtec because they dont take the time to read. do a search and youll find this topic covered at least a hundred times. i know cause ive posted in at least that many. is there nothing left to write about in the honda world?
Old 01-28-2004, 03:05 PM   #4
boosted331
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: what problems come with Ls V-tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by edman24
the problems are people who dont know anything about lsvtec because they dont take the time to read.
BINGO! Too many people on here spew shit about how "LS VTEC HAS A BAD ROD/STROKE RATIO!!@!@#!@" when they don't even have any idea about how or why your rod to stroke ratio effects the motor, and then you get the snowball effect where new people hear the bad rod/stroke ratio of an LS/vtec motor, and it keeps spreading. Having said that, I agree with edman: READ UP! Talk to people who know what they're doing (GE, Endyn, RS Machines, Benson, Laskey, etc) and make a decision from there.
boosted331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 12:55 PM   #5
_~Hapex~_
AF Newbie

how do i get ahold of these knowledgable people do you have a website plz help
_~Hapex~_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 02:13 PM   #6
joebowlr21
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to joebowlr21
A buddy of mine went ls/vtec (b18b bottom with a b16a top) He dropped it into his crx and is running constant 14's which suprised me since he really can't drive to well.But his main problem, if it's his only one, is oil comsumption.He's constintly topping it off and since he's using fully synthetic it's eating his pockets.
joebowlr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:23 PM   #7
edman24
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to edman24

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebowlr21
A buddy of mine went ls/vtec (b18b bottom with a b16a top) He dropped it into his crx and is running constant 14's which suprised me since he really can't drive to well.But his main problem, if it's his only one, is oil comsumption.He's constintly topping it off and since he's using fully synthetic it's eating his pockets.
then something is wrong with his setup. his head gasket must be leaking or something. take a look at the spark plugs and if theres oil on them then you know its been leaking into the motor. i had an lsvtec with type r pistons and a gsr head and i lost very little oil. i never had to top off. only did oil changes every 2500 miles and it was all good.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical