Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Completed Projects / Gallery Post all completed works in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 08:04 AM   #1
MarcoSaupe
AF Regular

Honda RA272, Tamiya, 1/20

Hi

this kit was mit comeback to modelling 11 years ago, well more like the start of taking things a bit more seriously, instead of just glueing some parts together. I drove virtual 60s F1 cars in Grand Prix Legends at that time, and when my uncle told me he saw a 60s F1 kit in a shop I looked a bit around in the web and found some kits of older F1 cars... well, and I was hooked. And now I decided, it was time to build it again.

One can see the differences 11 years make - at that time I painted from the can or with a brush, did not sand edges or ejector marks, used too much glue... but it was the first time I added some wire as fuel lines - it looks a bit different today.

It's a pretty normal Tamiya kit, not that many parts, a few ejector marks on suboptimal places, but fine otherwise. I did a bit more detailing this time - the usual wires and fuel lines of course, some mesh on the upper cowling inlet, the heat shield was made from a tea light and I built new rear shocks. I painted with decanted TS7, several Alclad colours, TS29, Aquacolor for same small parts and Mr. Super Clear on top. I also tried Molotow Liquid Chrome on a few small parts and it's really shiny.

I love the cars from that era, I'll get two of the Ebbro Brabham Hondas, and I hope that someone will make one or two more kits from that era (@MFH if you are listening: your 1/20 lineup of 1967 cars is missing the Brabham BT24 and Cooper T81 )

Hope you like it.

And together with it's older brother.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery