Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > GT40
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #1
only completely
AF Newbie

GT40 Concept Road/Race

Hi Everyone- I would like to advise that I will attempt to create a concept version of a GT40 from the Trumpeter kit.
Thanks go to all those who have built incredible replicas,& the realism attained is both inspiring & daunting.
I was 16 when this car raced & it has remained my all-time favourite "racing car " ever since , with the Lamborghini Miura the road car equivalent.
My concept overview stems from the premise ofesign for Road & Race use : - This thought has led me a merry dance through hours of exploring & discarding options , hence this plea for opinions.
My major 1st hurdle is with the carburettor engine , which is not my ideal V8 - I adore the look of the DFV!. Could I use the DFV heads,trumpets,air-box over the existing block?. Would the exhaust header pipes still fit? ( I have the KA kit )
Would I be better off getting a "complete" DFV & modify the original transaxle to suit , thus retaining the original suspension/mounts/axle positions?
All opinions , advice & suggestions will be valued & considered.

With Thanks...................Ian
only completely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:59 AM   #2
haiderk
AF Newbie

Re: GT40 Concept Road/Race

I have no knowledge of the kit you speak.
Just wondering - why not use a more modern engine? Power/economy/parts availability to take into account...
haiderk is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > GT40