Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 05:51 PM   #1
the_mole_patrol
AF Newbie

new spoiler, spoiler removal

hey... i am expecting a spoiler today and so i have to take my stock spoiler off my Z24. it's the lip spoiler that molds around the edge of the trunk with the 3rd brake light, and i'm wondering.. im sure that there will be holes where the spoiler was before. is there something i can buy that plugs them up? or what do people usually do when they get new spoilers?

or would it make more sense to just leave the factory spoiler on and put the new one i ordered on also? cause the one i ordered is just an aluminum wing? any help is apreciated.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:02 PM   #2
studballs
AF Regular

Re: new spoiler, spoiler removal

well the right way to fill the holes would be to weld over top them then grind em down smooth then primer then paint...dont you dare leave the factory spoiler on there with an aluminum wing...thats just asking to get made fun of. What other external mods do you have done to your car?
Old 04-22-2004, 07:46 AM   #3
the_mole_patrol
AF Newbie

not many things, i have blue headlights and it's lowered, and i have a chip in it, but saving money up slowly to buy other things
Old 04-22-2004, 08:02 AM   #4
911S_TARGA_RSR
AF Enthusiast

how big is the wing?
Old 04-22-2004, 04:15 PM   #5
the_mole_patrol
AF Newbie

its a black 56 inch aluminum wing... a little bit longer than i was expecting, but everyone that's seen it on the car thinks it looks pretty good. i asked people today about the holes in my trunk with my old spoiler, including my shop teacher, and they said maybe plugs could be placed in and locked in, although i don't know how they would look. something unique to think about, but it could look bad.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:01 PM   #6
studballs
AF Regular

like i said weld over the holes, grind it smooth, primer and repaint the trunk lid...and you can't chip an OBDII cavalier
Old 04-22-2004, 07:14 PM   #7
C_Sephiroth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to C_Sephiroth

They Have a programer that will change the programing of the ecm. Kinda like a chip.
C_Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:34 PM   #8
studballs
AF Regular

there are companies that can reprogram your ECU...you have to send in your ECU and they can reflash it...there is nothing out as of now that you can do yourself...if there is give me a link...but you cannot buy a chip for an OBDII cavalier!
Old 04-23-2004, 07:49 AM   #9
the_mole_patrol
AF Newbie

what do you mean OBDII or whatever? i got a chip off ebay for my car and i can feel a little hp gain, and i know the RPM's increase faster. are you sure my car is OBDII?
Old 04-23-2004, 12:49 PM   #10
studballs
AF Regular

thats not a chip what you bought...all that does is fool the computer into thinking its colder out so it gives a little more fuel...you can buy that resistor for 5 cents at any local radio shack...the horsepower you would get if any would be so minimal you wouldnt be able to feel a difference.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:24 PM   #11
the_mole_patrol
AF Newbie

ooic, well how much would it cost to reprogram the ECM and how much of a gain would that give me? and would there be any gas mileage change? and also what does ECM stand for?
Old 04-23-2004, 06:36 PM   #12
studballs
AF Regular

as far as I know the only upgradable program for your ECU is what is included with the GM supercharger for the 2.4. It wouldnt do any good to reprogram that to an NA Cavalier.

Robogeek on j-body.org is coming out with a program for 500 in a few months that will let you fine tune your stock computer. You will need a laptop.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:27 AM   #13
cavi racer
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to cavi racer

ok i've been staying dorment long enough! why are you putting a big aluminum wing on your z24? man o man those dont look good! am i the only person on this site who isnt trying to be a ricer? cause u cant be a ricer in a cavalier!! so stop trying. so let me guess what your gonna try to put on your car next ummm...... a huge fart muffler!! then all u need is the big bulky body kit to complete the look! lol you guys make me laugh. and everyone that looks at your car laughs at you to!!
cavi racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 08:44 PM   #14
the_mole_patrol
AF Newbie

Re: Re: new spoiler, spoiler removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavi racer
ok i've been staying dorment long enough! why are you putting a big aluminum wing on your z24? man o man those dont look good! am i the only person on this site who isnt trying to be a ricer? cause u cant be a ricer in a cavalier!! so stop trying. so let me guess what your gonna try to put on your car next ummm...... a huge fart muffler!! then all u need is the big bulky body kit to complete the look! lol you guys make me laugh. and everyone that looks at your car laughs at you to!!
um... grow up and post your lame comments somewhere else. the reason i picked this cavalier is cause it has more room than foriegn cars... all my friends have them. we just use my car for road tripping or going long distances, not for racing. im just putting the aluminum wing on it because i think they look a hell of alot better than those big bulky spoilers... put thanks for your opinion anyway
Old 04-27-2004, 09:25 AM   #15
cavi racer
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to cavi racer
Re: Re: Re: new spoiler, spoiler removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_mole_patrol
um... grow up and post your lame comments somewhere else. the reason i picked this cavalier is cause it has more room than foriegn cars... all my friends have them. we just use my car for road tripping or going long distances, not for racing. im just putting the aluminum wing on it because i think they look a hell of alot better than those big bulky spoilers... put thanks for your opinion anyway

wtf big bulky spolier??? wow your dumb!! your taking off your stock wing for a bigger one!!!
you and all your friends are lame ass ricers, the lowest forms of life!!!!

so all your friends have civics with wings on them and you want to fit in. how sad it really is.
cavi racer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier