Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2001, 10:03 AM   #1
DMC
AF Newbie

Question

Anyone ever heard of the Honda Concerto? It was sold here in Australia during the late 1980's to early 1990's and I believe was rebadged as a Rover in Britain.

Any information on suitable modifications, performance figures etc would be greatly appreciated. I'll add a photo of my 1991 Honda Concerto soon.
DMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2001, 03:47 AM   #2
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
It was also sold in Japan during the same time period.
Its nothing more exciting than fancy badge on a 3rd or 4th gen Civic Sedan. Same engines g/boxs and suspeans etc as all the other Civic models, and so you can do the same things to them.
Old 11-03-2001, 05:17 PM   #3
Setanta
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Setanta Send a message via AIM to Setanta Send a message via Yahoo to Setanta
It's a civic base, but a 5 door hatchback - what was referred to as a notchback. Unlike the shuttle varient of the Civic, the rear hatch was sloped dramatically. It came out with the D series 1600 SOHC FI engine and option of auto or manual.

Interestingly, it's not listed on Honda's history pages (nor it the Z360 "Zot"). I'm wondering if it was a rebadged Rover/Honda partnership deal as with the 4 door Integra we got here. It's definitely got a Civic front end though.

www.performanceforums.com
Setanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 05:52 PM   #4
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
I've never seen one, and I like pics, so...

Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 10:23 AM   #5
Spunkymonkey
AF Fanatic

We have 2 Honda Concertos in my well "big" family - relos that is. My cousin has a 92 model - navy blue which has like a factory woodgrain bits inside the interior. Still just the same stock civic engine and stuff. It's like a stumpy sedan. The other one owned by my uncle is grey. Seriously I have driven the blue one before, and I would much prefer driving a civic, because of the weight dif. The car revs high, but you know....still waiting for the go. Still, its a good allrounder

There's a chick driving that thing

www.performanceforums.com
Spunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 10:56 AM   #6
Quantum2+2
AF Regular

Hi
there are quite a lot of the Honda Concertos left in the UK and yes it was just about a rebadge of the rover 214,216,220 series of cars. The engine is the same as in the rovers apart from a few minor differances. I had a civic (1988) with the 1.4 version of the engine. In the civic the engine ran on twin carbs and was an out and out screamer.

Paul:smoker2:
Old 12-11-2001, 06:44 PM   #7
drift
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to drift
it was also offered as a sedan and all wheel drive.

i had one as a winter beater.
drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 09:34 AM   #8
bodydropranger
AF Newbie

hey drift

hey drifti need your help please email me or check my post about secondary intake solonoid
bodydropranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 09:26 AM   #9
THE_SHOCK
AF Newbie

Exclamation

Hi everyone!
Concerto is my father's car and in some months it's gonna be mine, when we buy the new BMW 5! Concerto will be my car, and I can't wait for that day! Some of you say that you prefer Civic to Concerto... If you check you'll see that Concerto has looks that remind of the earlier Rover 213 and Civic. My father had to decide between Civic and Concerto in 1992, and the chosen one was the Concerto 1.6i, with 4 doors. It has 130hp, which I think that the Civic at the time didn't had, at least the normal models sold in Europe, excluding the R's. Although the Rover 414 and 214 were sucessful in sales, Concerto's weren't, and I think Honda has thrown away a very good car. Here are some photos of it. The Japanese models have it's name in the rear light panel. Besides those and the blue tunned one, no other seems like 1.6i. I'll try to get some pictures of mine soon.
Go to the folder called Honda_Concerto. Thanks.

http://www.geocities.com/g_almeida_pt

:alien:

Gustavo Almeida
THE_SHOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #10
vasi
AF Newbie

Re: Honda Concerto

Hi Guys

I would like to know anyone have got a clear instructions on how to remove and fix the front bumper on Honda Concerto 1994 L reg.

My Brother have Honda Concerto and its an amazing car lovely drive very nice engine.

The front bumper has come off the from the side need to be taken off and put back to gather

Just wanted to get clear instartions on what to remove and what are the bolts to take off ect...

Thanks guys in advance

Br

Vasi
vasi is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > General Discussion