Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Which car is better? (Pictures of cars listed posted below)
2002 VW GTI 30 16.57%
2002 Acura RSX Type S 28 15.47%
2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 20 11.05%
2002 Honda Civic Si 7 3.87%
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 86 47.51%
2002 Ford SVT Focus 10 5.52%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-26-2001, 11:54 AM   #31
bassik277
AF Regular

Re: eclipse

Quote:
Originally posted by MiSter MAn
eclipses are pretty nice..but they kinda a girl car. SO yea.
I dont think so, maybe in base form but the GSX kicks ass, I would say one of the only truly defined girls cars would be the new beetle ( because of the fact that it comes with a flower vase as standard eguipment) or the cabrio
Old 08-26-2001, 09:11 PM   #32
MiSter MAn
Banned

YEA ! well your opinion is worth a bag of bull chips!
Old 08-26-2001, 09:16 PM   #33
bassik277
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by MiSter MAn
YEA ! well your opinion is worth a bag of bull chips!
bull chips?
Old 08-26-2001, 09:20 PM   #34
MiSter MAn
Banned

yes, chips made of bull. DUHH.:alien:
Old 08-28-2001, 08:28 PM   #35
Racing Rice
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Racing Rice Send a message via AIM to Racing Rice
Cant beat the WRX...

A) its turbo so a couple little mods and you can add some good HP
and
B)its AWD so you can get a hell of a holeshot..

Bikes:
'05 Suzuki DL650 Vstrom, '05 Yamaha Raptor 660R
Old 08-29-2001, 12:31 AM   #36
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

It'd still be a pretty tough choice for me RSX vs. WRX
I know the WRX is way faster, but it looks like a clown car....
I'm startin to really like how the RSX looks plus it seems like a really good deal: standard leather seats, heated seats, 6 disc in dash CD player..... all that standard... that's pretty damn sweet for the price
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 08-29-2001, 09:17 AM   #37
Sleepy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Sleepy Send a message via AIM to Sleepy
dude if your gettin on go with the wrx 3 words for you all wheel drive

Old 08-30-2001, 12:48 AM   #38
bassik277
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
It'd still be a pretty tough choice for me RSX vs. WRX
I know the WRX is way faster, but it looks like a clown car....
I'm startin to really like how the RSX looks plus it seems like a really good deal: standard leather seats, heated seats, 6 disc in dash CD player..... all that standard... that's pretty damn sweet for the price
LOL:jump:
THe wrx does look like a clown car which is the only reason I am hesitant to get the car
Old 08-30-2001, 01:39 AM   #39
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

that's why it's a tough choice... it's either a worse lookin, but better performance car or a good lookin car that has a little worse performance

oh my, what a dillema i can't figure it out.... cause the RSX has nice luxury features too
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 08-30-2001, 07:50 PM   #40
MiSter MAn
Banned

I think the RSX is better. This is because it looks nicer, and although it doesnt perform as well as the WRX, it still performs quite well. You can always make it perform better after you buy it anyways. In my opinion, looks is a very important factor when buying a car.
Old 08-30-2001, 08:33 PM   #41
Sleepy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Sleepy Send a message via AIM to Sleepy
Quote:
mister man
I think the RSX is better. This is because it looks nicer, and although it doesnt perform as well as the WRX, it still performs quite well. You can always make it perform better after you buy it anyways. In my opinion, looks is a very important factor when buying a car.
while its true you can improve the performance of the rsx you can never make it perform better then a all wheel drive car it really also depends on what he is doing and what kind of racing

Old 09-01-2001, 09:55 AM   #42
MaxxPower
AF Newbie

I'd take the WRX over the RSX. It outperforms the Rsx and reviews say the Rsx is pure muscles where the driving isn't as good as the r badger. If your going to mod the rsx then I'd take the wrx and mod it cause i've seen em and they are just as sweet as any mod rsx plus better performance.

-----------
ps. i voted for wrx

Old 09-02-2001, 10:19 AM   #43
tuningmaniacs
AF Newbie

IMHO i wouldn't say the wrx, rsx or gt-s are pocket rockets.
I wouldn't compare these cars with compact cars like the focus, golf or civic in the first place because these cars are sport coupes which don't meet the comfort or space offered in the compact cars.
But if these are the only cars you are considering take your decision thinking in whats most important to you. Performance, handling, looks, aftermarket parts, etc...

If you drive always alone or maybe with your girlfriend, wife, or one friend then a sport coupe will do. But forget using a rsx for the family weekend trip.

As for my personal opinion i would take the civic because of a good balance between all of the features i look in a car. Only thing i don't like is that where i live all japanese cars are terribly overpriced and you have to sell your soul to buy spare parts.
Old 09-03-2001, 10:26 AM   #44
bassik277
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by tuningmaniacs
IMHO i wouldn't say the wrx, rsx or gt-s are pocket rockets.
I wouldn't compare these cars with compact cars like the focus, golf or civic in the first place
I would definetely compare the GTI with the RSX, and GT-S, because they are all 6 cylinder front wheel drive compact hatchbacks and are all in the same horsepower range. As for the WRX, it might be in a different category because of the fact that it is 4 wheel drive. The SVT focus and civic SI are in their own horsepower range but that can be easily fixed with mods because you have to keep in mind that they are cheaped then the others. As you can tell, I like hatchbacks, because 5 out of the 6 cars I am considering are hatchbacks
Old 09-03-2001, 10:37 AM   #45
bassik277
AF Regular

TEST DRIVE

Yesterday I went to a Volkswagen, Acura, and Suburu dealer to test drive the different cars, here are my opinions on each car.

Acura RSX Type S 6 spd mnl (in desert silver metallic):
Pros: Really nice interior, nice luxury features and a very short throw.
Cons: A little too refined & too quiet, you dont feel or hear the power much, you feel like you are in a whole different world from the engine.

Suburu WRX Sedan 5 sped mnl (in silver):
Pros: Powerfull, accelerates well, AWD
Cons:If you think the front is ugly then look at the back. interior is mediocre. The gearbox is crappy and has a relatively long throw

VW GTI VR6:
Pros: Luxury Features, You get the feeling of power, nice engine purr, good acceleration, excellent handling & brakes, good manueverability, extremely suportive seats with side bolsters, lots of trunk room, rear headrests, and the most attaching car out of all of them.
Cons: Only 174 HP and 5 speed mnl, but this will be fixed in January of 2002 because it is coming with 204 horsepower and a 6 spd.

THE GTI WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If any of you guys have driven, test drove, or own any of the cars give me your opinions on them and thank you to all of you who replied!!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons