Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Camaro SS or Mustang Cobra
Camaro 76 59.38%
Mustang 52 40.63%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 05:32 PM   #196
benroliver
AF Newbie

Gm is the master of recalls
Old 02-27-2003, 07:01 PM   #197
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to -cy-
Look at the # and severity of recalls on the LS1's, and recalls on the Cobra (and think about how long they've been around).
Old 02-27-2003, 07:44 PM   #198
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Seems like Ford has been having the recalls.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:26 AM   #199
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
There is no point in argueing this any more. I was one of the people in this thread a year ago before the 2003 Cobra was even out. Ford and Chevy have been trading the crown of who is faster from the day the Camaro came out in 67'. One year or couple of years it's Ford and vica versa for Chevy. But the have always been close to each other. So all we have left to argue is opinion. Bottom line is their both American Icons and I'd rather see America's car lovers driving one of these 2 than an import.

Old 02-28-2003, 02:44 AM   #200
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Send a message via AIM to GTi-VR6_A3
i owuld love to have a '67 fast and a '67 z28. but i voted for the pony car because i have liked them since a young age. just didnt really like the 70's 80's and early 90's. but the old horse is back on the right track. as for the camaro it is sad to see the death of the f body but then again it was the most humane thing to do.

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 02-28-2003, 02:50 AM   #201
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Quote:
Originally posted by joeB
Seems like Ford has been having the recalls.
You're absolutely right. Seems the most highly-publicized recall of recent years for either car was the recall on Cobras a couple years back, because they weren't making their advertised.. I think it was 315 horsepower. Anybody else remember that? They had to have a section of the lower intake manifold opened up to eliminate a restriction, and a replacement exhaust pipe to eliminate a section of the piping that the designers had literally flattened to clear suspension hardware. Because there was a time that the Cobras were only putting roughly the same amount of power to the ground as the 260 horsepower Mustang GTs.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:53 AM   #202
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by GTStang
There is no point in argueing this any more. I was one of the people in this thread a year ago before the 2003 Cobra was even out. Ford and Chevy have been trading the crown of who is faster from the day the Camaro came out in 67'. One year or couple of years it's Ford and vica versa for Chevy. But the have always been close to each other. So all we have left to argue is opinion. Bottom line is their both American Icons and I'd rather see America's car lovers driving one of these 2 than an import.
I agree, and this is the point some of us are trying to insist, but some people think that there is one faster than the other, and that just isn't true.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:46 AM   #203
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Personally, i don't care which is faster stock, b/c i wouldn't leave them stock, and i haven't left my formula stock either.

Once you mod a car, all bets are off. Anyways, like i've said a number of times in this thread, both cars are pretty awesome cars.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:43 PM   #204
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Sounds like you guys have pretty much wrapped up your debating for this issue. Would you like this thread closed?
Old 02-28-2003, 03:21 PM   #205
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

I doubt this debate will ever be done.
Old 03-02-2003, 03:34 PM   #206
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Threadz like this come and go, there are plenty of cobra/ss comparisons
Old 03-02-2003, 03:40 PM   #207
speeder94
AF Enthusiast

camaro ss of course
Old 03-02-2003, 04:04 PM   #208
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by speeder94
camaro ss of course
That's what i would think
Old 03-14-2003, 02:51 PM   #209
JE123
AF Enthusiast

I'd get the Cobra.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:10 AM   #210
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by benroliver
Gm is the master of recalls
I'd rather GM recall a problem and be safe than sorry, than Ford not recalling a problem, and let the driver pay for it the hard way.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons