Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Which has the best performance?
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR FQ400 27 51.92%
2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 20 38.46%
2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 12:43 AM   #91
WickedNYCowboy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to WickedNYCowboy Send a message via Yahoo to WickedNYCowboy
Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatII
i'm sorry but ive driven a few C5 vettes and their interior is no where near good quality. they're leather sucks, their dash is cheap, and they use the same climate control as the denali which is dated and cheap looking. they use rubbery buttons, and its just cheap overall.

even though the EVO's interior is very cheap as well, but atleast it looks alot more solid then the vettes.

and most people who sells evo's is becasue their either too old for the car, and the harsh manner of the car is beating them up, or their kid's who can't afford to pay off the rest of the finance, or they traded it in for a STi, or traded it in to get the 05 EVO's with the Active center differential.

they almost never traded it in because the car itself was no good.

and huckleberry there is no doubt your cobra will take out a modded evo. however the FQ was not meant to be a 1/4 mile burner. its meant as a road racing car, and its a damn fine one at that.

lets see if your 03 cobra can keep up with a lambourghini gallardo on the road course. this is what the EVO FQ400 is lapping similar too.

if your car can even hang with it by 1 second, then i will say its very impressive. but your cobra was never meant for handling esp with that near 30 year old chassis with that out dated 4 link live axle in the rear. unless your got the cobra with the independant rear suspension.

but even so on Hot Rod mag, a bone stock STi lapped faster then your precious SVT cobra with 90 less hp. and EVO's lap faster then STi's. the j spec EVO's run's 12.6's stock. they have 6 speed standard with more hp, and a active yaw controller, and active center differential. all of these are missing in the u.s. spec EVO. yet the EVO without all these things are still faster then the STi which happens to be faster then your SVT Cobra.

now add another 100 hp, an active center differential, 6 speed transmission, active yaw controller to the U.S. spec EVO and stiffer suspension, and lighter weight and see what happens.

my .2 cent.
Corevettes aren't built for luxury. They are built to go fast and handle well. The C5 seats where out of the Camaros or vise versa.
My Rides:
2003 Ford F-350 Long Horn Hauler
Others:
1999 Toyota Camry LE V6-Dad
2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71-Sister
2004 Toyota Camry LE V6-Mom
Old 01-06-2005, 07:36 AM   #92
Vettribution87
AF Newbie

Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right_LiRrr
I have to say though, the MR Evo will own the vette around a track. American cars are built for drag, it's in their culture. However, I'm not impressed with drag times higher than 10seconds, if you want to drag go build drag cars. When it comes to road cars, track times are much more impressive.
You’re not seriously implying that the Corvette is only good for drag racing like as if its some kind of simple, slack-jawed straight-line runner that cannot turn? I certainly hope not.

Well I’ll let you off because you’re Australian. And that’s only because most Aussies don’t know jack s#*t about American cars, especially the Japanese car buffs.

"I am ispeptic, phasmatic even compuntious to cause you such perry combobulations."
E. Blackadder 1827
Old 01-06-2005, 12:11 PM   #93
M3FordBoy
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000ways
Look I usually respect what you have to say, but come on dude, don't be stupid with stupid comments like that. There isn't any Ford vehicle that can handle better than the FQ400 period (nothing costing under $100,000)!
No I was refering to turning radious like TatII said. In the video he tries to do a U turn on the track and can't it goes of in the grass. Don't get me wrong the FQ400 has great handling just a bad turning radious for a smaller car like that.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:57 PM   #94
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
Drag racing is an american tradition, but this does not reflect in no way a Vette. Since factory backing in 99', the C5-R won 4 consecutive manufacturer's championships in the GTS class (undefeated in 04 if I remember correctly). And to be quite honest, I see the new upcoming C6-R, to be just as dominant. The C5 has a very very rich racing pedigree.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:25 PM   #95
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

and i back the words above me^^
Old 01-06-2005, 06:50 PM   #96
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

Not to mention that the Corvette is in the highest Solo II class for stock racing, and it dominates it.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:13 PM   #97
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

question remains though, can it dominate the MR?

i think not.
how often do we see performance car enthusiasts comparing parking, tyre wear, engine wear, and fuel usage to try and justify a performance car? seems to me that the z06 is a mean car but it just can't match this lancer, and it might use less tyres and fuel, it might park easier and the engine may last longer.... but the fact these things are being brought up seems to say the MR is a very hard car to beat.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:18 PM   #98
Vettribution87
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD2000

i think not.
how often do we see performance car enthusiasts comparing parking, tyre wear, engine wear, and fuel usage to try and justify a performance car? seems to me that the z06 is a mean car but it just can't match this lancer, and it might use less tyres and fuel, it might park easier and the engine may last longer.... but the fact these things are being brought up seems to say the MR is a very hard car to beat.
A Z06 would have the EVO MR for lunch but the FQ400 I don’t know. Still comparing a modded EVO to a stock Z06 is a bit like comparing apples to oranges.

"I am ispeptic, phasmatic even compuntious to cause you such perry combobulations."
E. Blackadder 1827
Old 01-06-2005, 07:33 PM   #99
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD2000

i think not.
I will agree that stock for stock Z06/FQ400, the FQ400 has the edge. One thing that makes this an 'apples and oranges' would be, IMO, the fact that the Z06 is an original american spec against a euro spec FQ400. American marketed cars = coping with less octane and all the dang hippies! ahha, oh the silly pun!

Last edited by Kurtdg19; 01-15-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:47 PM   #100
Master Hiko
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettribution87
A Z06 would have the EVO MR for lunch but the FQ400 I don’t know. Still comparing a modded EVO to a stock Z06 is a bit like comparing apples to oranges.
and the FQ will have the C5 for lunch as well. dont be a hypocrite, a ZO6 is modded just like an FQ but how can you say a FQ is modded and a ZO6 isnt? if they both come from the dealership with a warranty its stock, period. you wouldnt call a Z28 modded and a v6 stock would you? my point exactly.

Me>>>you.....n00b
Old 01-16-2005, 10:51 PM   #101
Vettribution87
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Hiko
and the FQ will have the C5 for lunch as well. dont be a hypocrite, a ZO6 is modded just like an FQ but how can you say a FQ is modded and a ZO6 isnt? if they both come from the dealership with a warranty its stock, period. you wouldnt call a Z28 modded and a v6 stock would you? my point exactly.
There are several reasons why I consider a FQ400 modded and a Z06 stock.

Why the FQ400 is modded:
· Indirect involvement from 3 third party tuning houses. (Rampage, Owen Developments and Flow Race Engines)
· The fact that an FQ400 is made by taking a standard EVO and sending it to a Mitsubishi’s special tuning arm Ralliart, where race engineers basically strip down the motor and re-build it replacing several engine parts with more high performance orientated ones (ie modding the engine) as well as using larger turbos, different brakes ect.
· With only 100 cars available to one market only, you can scarcely consider it a production car.

Why the Z06 is stock:
· The engine used in a Z06 is a different engine to a standard C5 altogether. The LS6 used in the Z06 is not a modded LS1 and therefore is considered a stock engine.
· For the past few years all hard top Corvettes have been Z06’s. You cannot buy a Z06 that isn’t a hardtop and you cannot buy a hardtop that isn’t a Z06. Why is this significant? Well, as the hardtop is a different body frame to the targa and convertible, this clearly means that a Z06 is built form the ground up as a Z06. They didn’t just grab a standard C5, weld on the targa roof panel, screw around with the suspension and drop in a different engine.

Conclusion: An FQ400 is an EVO that has had changes done to it (ie modifications) that alter it's performance. And a Z06 is a Z06 from the factory to the show room (ie stock).

Ladies and Gentlemen I have put my forward my case regarding why I think the EVO FQ400 is modded and why the Z06 is stock. I leave it to you to decide.
Thankyou and goodnight.

E. Blackadder 1827
Old 01-16-2005, 11:31 PM   #102
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen I have put my forward my case regarding why I think the EVO FQ400 is modded and why the Z06 is stock. I leave it to you to decide.
Thankyou and goodnight.
I'm gonna start putting that at the end of my posts, so I don't have to reply to all the stupid comments that ensue...
Old 01-16-2005, 11:43 PM   #103
fairladyz_gt-r
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to fairladyz_gt-r Send a message via Yahoo to fairladyz_gt-r
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettribution87
There are several reasons why I consider a FQ400 modded and a Z06 stock.

Why the FQ400 is modded:
· Indirect involvement from 3 third party tuning houses. (Rampage, Owen Developments and Flow Race Engines)
· The fact that an FQ400 is made by taking a standard EVO and sending it to a Mitsubishi’s special tuning arm Ralliart, where race engineers basically strip down the motor and re-build it replacing several engine parts with more high performance orientated ones (ie modding the engine) as well as using larger turbos, different brakes ect.
· With only 100 cars available to one market only, you can scarcely consider it a production car.

Why the Z06 is stock:
· The engine used in a Z06 is a different engine to a standard C5 altogether. The LS6 used in the Z06 is not a modded LS1 and therefore is considered a stock engine.
· For the past few years all hard top Corvettes have been Z06’s. You cannot buy a Z06 that isn’t a hardtop and you cannot buy a hardtop that isn’t a Z06. Why is this significant? Well, as the hardtop is a different body frame to the targa and convertible, this clearly means that a Z06 is built form the ground up as a Z06. They didn’t just grab a standard C5, weld on the targa roof panel, screw around with the suspension and drop in a different engine.

Conclusion: An FQ400 is an EVO that has had changes done to it (ie modifications) that alter it's performance. And a Z06 is a Z06 from the factory to the show room (ie stock).

Thankyou and goodnight.
So SL65 is a modded huh? man...it come from the dealer u didn't sent it to a garage inorder to get it redone so its consider stock! By your theory M3 is also modded from normal 3's inline 6 engine.....

Old 01-17-2005, 02:05 AM   #104
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
So SL65 is a modded huh? man...it come from the dealer u didn't sent it to a garage inorder to get it redone so its consider stock! By your theory M3 is also modded from normal 3's inline 6 engine.....
Please try to read his post more carefully. Both the SL65 AMG and M3 are tuned in-house, and they are both mass-produced. The FQ400 is an extremely-limited, race track-ready, ultra-modified car. That's also why the Z06 is infinitely more drivable off the track. I don't see what all the confusion is for.

Actually, let's make this really simple: can you walk into any Chevrolet dealership and buy a Z06? Can you walk into any Mitsubishi dealership and buy an FQ400? There you go.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:57 AM   #105
Vettribution87
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman10587
Please try to read his post more carefully. Both the SL65 AMG and M3 are tuned in-house, and they are both mass-produced. The FQ400 is an extremely-limited, race track-ready, ultra-modified car. That's also why the Z06 is infinitely more drivable off the track. I don't see what all the confusion is for.

Actually, let's make this really simple: can you walk into any Chevrolet dealership and buy a Z06? Can you walk into any Mitsubishi dealership and buy an FQ400? There you go.

Well said.

E. Blackadder 1827

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons