Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: WRX or RSX type S ???
WRX 46 44.23%
RSX type S 58 55.77%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 10:56 PM   #31
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Quote:
Originally posted by Moppie
but the WRX might be a little bit faster. (i disagree with this, but the WRX owners in here all live in LaLa land, where a stock WRX will beat anything)
really? u actually disagree with that? when the wrx's published times are over 1/2 second quicker than the rsx's? even the rsx community will usually admit the wrx is faster, but wil say the rsx is prettier or more refined in defense. so youre one of those people who refuse to believe anything else in the rsx's price range is faster? the great honda/acura cannot be beaten by anything that doesnt cost at least twice as much right? lets go race an s2000 against a z06, the s2000 is faster cuz it has 100hp/liter.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:59 PM   #32
LjasonL
Some Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by rollin on dubs
although the wrx might have more potential, its just plain UGLY, i would definatly go with the RSX, it looks great, and in the long run (if ya got the money) its worth it
wow, what a coincidence someone posted this while i was typing my reply...

Quote:
Originally posted by ldelaysionl
even the rsx community will usually admit the wrx is faster, but wil say the rsx is prettier or more refined in defense.
Old 06-15-2002, 03:04 PM   #33
border_project
AF Enthusiast

the height of the rsx is too tall. ill stick with a ITR
Old 06-16-2002, 01:05 AM   #34
LjasonL
Some Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by border_project
the height of the rsx is too tall. ill stick with a ITR
ITR's are flocking cool. rsx's aren't. my opinion...
Old 07-17-2002, 01:51 PM   #35
Gravitom
AF Regular

Bost cars are ugly but I'd rather have the WRX. Because if I were driving an RSX I would see the tail end of WRXs a lot but if I had a WRX, there would only be open road in front of me.

Seriously, the WRX is A LOT faster and can hit almost 400hp with stock internals. Plus its AWD which is a lot of fun. The WRX is a bit pudgy though but I can forgive it. There are plenty of FF NA sport compacts on the street but only one turbo AWD monster. I'll go with the latter.

And will all you Honda ricers get your facts straight, you make a good car company look bad with your stupidity.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:18 AM   #36
LiquidSilverSpecV
AF Newbie

WRX Vs. RSX ????

I looked at both of these cars quite a bit when deciding on my last purchase. Actually went with a 2002 Nissan SER SpecV.

The performance numbers speak for themselves. All you Honda/Acura guys talking about how heavy the WRX is should look at POWER to WEIGHT, not just WEIGHT. The RSX has 1 HP pushing 13.9 lbs and the WRX has 1 HP pushing 13.6 lbs not a big difference eh? Then there's torque, a little something Honda seems to know nothing about. Then handling the WRX is AWD. Nuf said.

Looks. Stock for stock. WRX. Sure the front end is a bit ugsome, but the RSX looks like an off road machine. You would need like a 2 inch drop to make that ride look half deacent. Plus wheels and tires.

Bang for your buck, after a SpecV, WRX. Hands down.
Old 07-24-2002, 04:50 PM   #37
maceez13
AF Regular

yeh ok.. specv = uglier than both wrx and rsx
Old 07-24-2002, 10:17 PM   #38
LjasonL
Some Guy

nah i think the ser looks better than both.

regular sentras are ugly though
Old 07-26-2002, 01:11 AM   #39
sicmor
AF Regular

Hey maceez13, just wanna say, your comments are full of your rice shiiiii. why don't you tell us about what you drive? I bet 50 bucks its some ricemobile like a base rsx with a 5" exhaust tip. by the way dont bother to reply to this post, I'm not interested in your comments. And yes, I'm ignorant.

And mikelemo, why don't we look at things this way, take away the i-vtec in the rsx, and it'll lose about 10000 of it's value plus you get a 90hp car, and with ten grand you can make the interior of a wrx looking like a benz
Also, if you drop 50000 bucks in a wrx engine, you can freaken fly. I think the dude that owns that 300hp wrx has about 500 bucks of engine mods in his ride.

What's up ldelaysionl, good job denfeding the wrx from all the ricers man. What's up silverspecv, I think ser's are cool as hell, that's why I've got one too :sun: .

Ok, sorry about that dan, now back on topic. If leather and sunroof mean the world to you, then by all means get the rsx-s. The WRX has better communication with the driver, you can feel the road thru the pedals. To some that mean bad ride quality. But to a true ethusiast, that'll be a dream ride. The wrx is heavier due to its AWD system, and it is not as good on gas as the rsx-s. If you are planning on doing engine mods to your car though, get the wrx. It will not disappoint. (just a little note, replacing the stock air box with a K&N air filter gives the wrx 5 hp, and by putting in high flow cats, you should be able to go up to 250 hp, which is how much hp the jap version have.) Still the same old advise, test drive them and let the machines speak for themselves.

peace out.
Old 07-26-2002, 01:45 AM   #40
sicmor
AF Regular

Hi again Dan, left out something in my previous post.
If you want to go up to 300 hp, I would'nt recommend nos.

In the WRX, you should only have to:
replace/add a front mount I/C.
boost controller.
Intake and exhaust (just icing on the cake).
turbo timer and bov just to keep things safe.
add a performance clutch while you're at it.

In the RSX-S:
The famous Jackson Racing sc (it's not arround yet, but the way jackson racing do things makes me suspect that it will happen.)
This should give you a 40% boost in power and should cost arround 3-5 grand.

I wouldn't worry too much about the reliability issue in the wrx, if you treat the turbo nicely (ie. turbo timer is a must). because subaru has been working on this engine for years and they build their reputation and pride arround their AWD system (and thier wrx). As for the RSX-S, generally acura/honda vehicles are reliable. One catch though, The enigne and the i-vtec is new technology, so I would wait to see how they do before completely trusting them. Honda seems to have a lot of faith in this engine tho, they put it in a lot of thier vehicles.
Old 07-26-2002, 01:40 PM   #41
maceez13
AF Regular

actually ass... i drive an rsx type s with nothing on it but a system....i dont care that you dont want to read my comments.. im just giving my opionions just like you.. im sorry if you dont like my opinions but thats your problem not mine.... so Fu*k off
Old 07-26-2002, 06:23 PM   #42
sicmor
AF Regular

hmmmmm, why would you address your last comment towards me if you really dont care? And if you'd like people to respect your opinion, write something useful. Junk like,
Quote:
RSX... WRX is jus plain ugly
is just not going anywhere. That's just looks, there are more things to consider when comparing cars.

Don't put down other cars down to make your car look better, give a fair judgement.

peace
Old 08-04-2002, 03:45 AM   #43
native
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to native
i agree with ldelaysionl as much as i can. don't get me wrong the rsx is a real nice car but nice vs. power just doesn't cut it. now pricewise with the subaru ur getting a good deal in power. in the rsx ur getting a good deal in luxury and sportiness. its really what it is ur looking for. i was sort of in the same predicament until i read what i could do with the wrx. sur maybe there aren't many body kits and without one its pretty ugly. but hey there may be a few years to come when some body kit company will find that there is some good business in making a body kit for the wrx. but a noted rally car over a pricy acura its really a great burden that ur faced with.
Old 08-06-2002, 06:52 AM   #44
Drifter To Be
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by mikelemo
I wish they made an AWD RSX. I just don't think the WRX has any potential. You look in a magazine (I believe Automotive) with a tricked out WRX, which they have listed at $500,000 (Yes, that's 5 zeros!), and it is 300 HP.

Not worth it. Someone needs to make a way to AWD the RSX. It would be soooo coool!
... Honda... Why FWD??? FWD is a fairly recent concept compared with RWD and AWD, and many people don't see the advantage of having FWD because it is a new concept. RWD, AWD, and FWD all have their different advantages and it also depends on different road conditions to determine their disadvantages and advantages. I believe that Honda is using FWD to prove to the world that there are definitely many advantages with FWD. If Honda suddenly made cars with RWD or AWD... I believe that they would be a even more powerful motor company than they are today. Hell with the WRX... I'd chose the RSX. Oh yeah... If the Type R is comming to North America??? I WOULD WAIT FOR IT RATHER THAN GET THE TYPE S! The Type R has a K20A engine with 220HP Torque(unknown, but definitely more).
Old 08-08-2002, 12:36 PM   #45
pinyoot4you
AF Enthusiast

at first i chose the RSX over the WRX a long ass time ago, because of the looks of it and the interior, but after comparing WRX's numbers with the RSX, WRX takes it all

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons