Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Celica
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 01:21 AM   #1
slicksystem
AF Newbie

Post help me out with my 00 celica gts

ok everyone i have a few questions about my 2000 toyota celica gts. it has a 2zzge engine and its 1.8L.
1)i built a turbo kit at dt performance and it came out to $4000. I want my car to be quicker but $4000 is alot of money....i have intake and racing pulleys so far.....the car comes with a header already....i plan on adding a exhaust system soon and getting a ecu upgrade......what other upgrades could i do for a reasonable price that can help my performance?
2)i am planning on painting my dash but one thing is stopping me. if i paint my dash it will paint over the white letters that say low high ect....is there anywhere that sells those stickers, it seems like nobody can help me with this .
3)What can i do for quicker throttle responce.....i feel like there is a slight delay and my moms camry has like no delay and my car out hp and torques it.
slicksystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
jdmccright
The RustBuster

Re: help me out with my 00 celica gts

You can try looking for compatible parts with the Corolla XRS, which has the same engine. I believe there is/was a supercharger available for a little less (~$3k). But I would first make sure the engine is in good condition.

Stumbling or slow off-the-line performance is usually due to gummed up EGR, IAC, or other related parts. If you have any type Bosch Pt plugs, trash them and get the OEM ones...seriously they're junk. Go for a good tune-up, checking all the wires are in good condition, no vacuum hose leaks, etc. Check that the coils are all working too.

If the car has high miles, and alot of it hard driving, then maybe time for a transmission rebuild. You don't mention an auto or manual...sometimes a fresh fluid change can help. DO NOT OPT FOR A POWER FLUSH. Just drain, refill, run for 25-50 miles, and drain/refill again. Or use the stickies at the top for directions to flush it yourself with a reservoir of fluid and a catch pan.

Hope this helps!
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
2003 GMC Envoy XL
2000 Honda ST1100
2000 Pontiac Sunfire

Vehicle History:
2003 Pontiac Vibe AWD - 1999 Acura Integra GS - 2004 4.7L Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 - 1996 GMC Jimmy 4wd - 1995 Chevrolet C2500 - 1992 Toyota Camry LE 2.2L - 1992 Chevrolet S10 Ext. Cab 4.3L - 1995 Honda ST1100 - 1980 Yamaha XS400 - 1980 Mercury Bobcat.
jdmccright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #3
keebler197
AF Newbie

dude, check out newcelica.org, if you want a cheap turbo kit for your car you can get the Turbokits.com kit but dont get the AEM FIC go with a differnt ECU. I have the same kit with differnt injectors form monkeywrenchracing.com <--- check there for anything for a 2zz motor or 1zz. I'm also running a stand alone ecu (power fc)

Good luck, but if you want good answers for the newer celicas defintly check out newceica.org
keebler197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:16 PM   #4
keebler197
AF Newbie

oh and your intake, is that an injen??? alot of people includding my self have had issues with crappy low rpm throttle response from those.. some people have been able to clean it up with a new MAF or cleaning it. others have done some adjusting to the CAI. basically cutting it up and moving the MAF, they belive the bogging was due to the MAF being placed in a curve.

I think on Newcelica.org its called a bb mod??

but defintly check out your MAF sensor.

and for your dash, i know there are threads on there. good luck
keebler197 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
celica , paint , toyota
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Celica