Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Wrangler
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 10:29 PM   #1
GoneFishing.
AF Newbie

Underbody rust prevention?

I recently got a service on my 2000 wrangler and they said I have "a touch or rust on my under-body, nothing to worry about".

I take it down the coast about once every month and go camping on the beach. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a prevention spray of some sort that will help prevent any further rust?

I do wash her after each each trip but I guess I cant reach some spots Any help would be greatly appreciated!
GoneFishing. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:55 AM   #2
Scotty89
AF Regular

Re: Underbody rust prevention?

. If you want to fix it before it gets worse, you can have it undercoated. Undercoat is generally a hard rubber material when dried and a lot of off roaders use it. From past experience, spend some money for it and look up reviews for the product. I wouldn't go buy a $1 rattle can and use it, wont last long. I've been told that 3M makes a good one to use. You may even call a few body shops or dealerships and see what they recommend.
Scotty89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:48 PM   #3
AngryRedBird
AF Newbie

Re: Underbody rust prevention?

I've found that Krylons rust prevention spray paint has been working for me and our 08 Wrangler.. thos it is suggested that we retreat every 2 years or depending on how bad the rust may be reoccuring. Not that the paint doesn't work.. in fact the last time I sprayed this on the jeep's frame.. it ate the rust away, creating a paintable surface thereafter. I'm looking forward to doing a better job this year and hope to document the whole procedure afterward.
AngryRedBird is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Wrangler