Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-19-2002, 02:09 AM   #16
94tegRS
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by 1990 CRVTEC Integ
if u gonna go all motor do CRVTEC.....get b20b and a b16a or GSR or if u got the money ITR head. ull have a butt load of torque. plus if u do some fuel tuning and other minor things u could beat a type r.
that is exactly what i was thinking as i was reaiding through this thread. go here and look at some of these

http://www.importreview.com/d_2.0.html

there is a crv bottom with a civic si head, and other engine mods putting 242 HP at tyhe wheels I guess, unless they are testing at the flywheel. but at importbuilders.com they sell thew crvtec and claim 225 @ the wheels and say they've seen more with sazme build. and being a 2 liter you got alot more torque than youll get out of a gsr or type r.

If you had to pay gfor the gsr then id say crvtec but since you get the gsr for 250 i would go that route
94tegRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 08:08 AM   #17
H-carWizKid
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to H-carWizKid
Quote:
Originally posted by 93speed
O/T, but is that Erie as in Erie, PA?
O/T I am in Erie Pa.

Phil

Empty Wallet into four wheeled recepticle
H-carWizKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 10:09 AM   #18
GSteg
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to GSteg
i gotta clear up a few things first. high compression plus turbo doesn't not equal boom. bad tuning plus turbo equals boom.

the high compression you have, the more power you'll gain through the mods you have. since compression is a form of making power, adding a turbo would increase power since its dumping for air into your engine. if you lower the compression, all you're doing is taking away power. loosing compression equals loosing power. ever wonder why old engines loose their power? because their compression has gone down.

a good compression to boost on would be in the high 9's or low 10 compression. with higher compression, less boost will be needed to boost in order to gain power. when off turbo, the high compression creates the power from the low end, and once the quick spool up has began, the turbo will pick it up from there.

u can either run 13psi on an LS engine or 10psi on the GSR engine. either on you pick, they both have the same hp gain. i would choose the GSR simply because the compression provides power when the turbo cannot. also because the GS turbo will have to spin slower, making it less weary due to friction. besides..you're not cooking as much oil as the LS engine.

ask any professional drag racer at the track on what compression they run. lisa kubo is running her 9 second civic on 11point compression with 30psi. how else would she make power in order to run in the 9's?

a type R will definitely gain more power than a GSR given the same amount of boost. will i ever do it? not really. is it because of the compression? nope. then why? because i just love the engine and its an artwork i would like to keep in stock form
GSteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 12:25 AM   #19
integra818
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to integra818 Send a message via Yahoo to integra818
GSteg is correct, you can have a high compression engine and a turbo, I've seen it before, I'm not just talkin out of my ass

OK.. forget LS/vtec forget crvtec forget everything, go with type R. Once you go type R, you never go back. I saw 3, yes 3... ls/vtecs blow up on a roadcourse within 15 minutes. Someone mentioned something about having friends with ls/vtec and they had no complaints, well... they hav'nt pushed thier engines enough to see the limit of thier reliabilty, LS/vtec might be nice and safe for drag racing but overall, NOTHING can beat the type R. My racing team had a type r engine in a CRX, God bless type R! It's the best engine in the world. It had the PERFECT rpm , PERFECT tourqe, PERFECT power band... bottom line.... Honda is'nt stupid, they know what they were doin with the type R. If you fiqured out the LS/vtec by yourself, don't you think it has crossed Hondas mind already? The type R's enigne components all work in conjunction with each other whcih makes it such a perfect enigne, and if you're wondering why Mugen/Spoon-Sports are so expensive, it's because they're very carefully tuned the way Honda intended them to.

BTW, evn though I'm not into turbos, they're ARE reliable if you change your oil every 2,000 miles as oposed to 3,000 miles, something I heard form a DSM guy.

GSR is good, type R is>>>PERFECT
integra818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 09:24 PM   #20
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
i do agree w/ u that the type r is an awesome motor...but i don't really think its the answer to all motor swaps. look at most of the nhra guys, they run w/ h22's (for the bigger displacement). the type r motor is jus a b18c1 block w/ a b16a head on it, higher compression pistons an a better intake manifold.

as for ls/vtec not being reliable, no, it isn't as safe as a stock motor BUT the guy w/ it races nearly every other day an has had it for a year now an it still runs strong. its all about the tuning an how you do it.

but i will side w/ u on one thing...for autocross, the type r motor is the best choice by far. but if ur talking straight-line turbo, there are MUCH better choices.

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
KrNxRaCer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 10:07 PM   #21
integra818
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to integra818 Send a message via Yahoo to integra818
The type R motor is'nt just a B18c1 with an Si head on it, you're forgetting the type r cams, valvesprings, retainers, the whole head, the pistons, rods, crank, you mentioned manifold, header, bearings, pretty much everything.
integra818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 04:40 AM   #22
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

er...but the stripped down motor itself is jus a b16a head (so no, its not a whole different head, it is the b16a) on a b18c1 block. that was my point. why do u think ppl do that an call it the "poor mans' type r?"

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
Old 05-09-2003, 07:29 AM   #23
electric_
AF Regular

er...but the stripped down motor itself is jus a b16a head (so no, its not a whole different head, it is the b16a) on a b18c1 block. that was my point. why do u think ppl do that an call it the "poor mans' type r?"

as for ls/vtec not being reliable, no, it isn't as safe as a stock motor BUT the guy w/ it races nearly every other day an has had it for a year now an it still runs strong. its all about the tuning an how you do it.

man finally someone on my side it is all about how you build it and doing it right www.dh-racing.com
and the type r head is a b16a krnx is right youre wrong........
electric_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 07:34 AM   #24
electric_
AF Regular

oh yea anybody know where to find a carbon fiber interior/ panels for a 2000 teg?
electric_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 11:07 AM   #25
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by integra818
The type R motor is'nt just a B18c1 with an Si head on it, you're forgetting the type r cams, valvesprings, retainers, the whole head, the pistons, rods, crank, you mentioned manifold, header, bearings, pretty much everything.
i jus re-read that. u aren't saying that it isn't a b16a, u were jus adding on to wut else it is. my fault for the mis-interp.

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
Old 02-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #26
gsrabu
AF Newbie

Re: GSR, or type R motor

i have a gsr all motor and im thinking shouls i go turbo or should i go all motor ??
help!!!
gsrabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #27
gsrabu
AF Newbie

opps i mean i got a gsr stock and should i go turbo or all motor??
gsrabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #28
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

Not trying to be a jerk, but you should always start your own thread when asking a question that isn't exactly related to the previous topic at hand.

But to respond to your question, there are far too many variables, and far more information needed to answer your question.

What is this car going to be used for? Daily driver, drag racing, street car, road racing?

How much power are you looking to make, realistically? You can't expect to make use of all the power, when you build a car with 600 whp, as a street or daily driver car.

Based on your goals, how much money are you really willing to invest? Both turbocharged and N/A have their high costs, when considering your power goals. Are you planning on rebuilding the engine either way?
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote