Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 06:13 AM   #1
Moag14
AF Newbie

Bad front shock absorbers?

Hi everyone,

So last week I took my car in for an oil change and because a rear brake light had gone out. When I received the car back, I noticed that it was coming down hard after hitting bumps on the road. So I did the ol' bounce test and the left side of the car would bounce once or twice and stop. The right side wouldn't bounce at all. I took the car back to the shop and the mechanic put it back on the lift. When he lifted it, the left tire was all the way extended but the right tire was still up until he started shaking it. It started creaking and the tire finally came all the way down. He said that sometimes shock absorbers lock in the up position and that it should be fine. Well after coming back home it started coming down hard again. Called the shop and they told me to replace that shock absorber. Took it in to a different shop and they said there's nothing wrong with it after them test driving it even though it's still coming down hard. Forgot to mention that the car is leaning to the right.

Any ideas?
Moag14 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra