Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 12:59 PM   #1
smellywetdog
AF Newbie

is the clutch the culprit?

heres the deal..1994 integra,1.8 with a 5 speed.The clutch seemed ok til about a month ago then it was getting increasingly harder to get it into gears as you were driving along.I suspected the synchros were going on it.Then today as I started the car and depressed the clutch pedal,it wouldnt go into any gear.I shut it off and stuck it in first and it started(after jumping ahead a bit)but the pedal felt kinda softer than before and it still wouldnt allow me to engage so I had to shift it without the clutch at all.Needless to say this was tricky timing stoplights and traffic etc.I did notice there is a bleeder nipple on the slave cylinder but im unaware if bleeding the system will help at all.could you enlighten me as to the general procedure to bleed the clutch system,and offer any advice to make this as painless as possible.thanking you in advance,Patrick
smellywetdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
smellywetdog
AF Newbie

Re: is the clutch the culprit?

ok,I found out how to bleed the system ,fairly easy procedure.But!..if worse comes to worse,im going to have to pull the tranny if it turns out to be a clutch or worse...synchros!...anyone got a pdf on this procedure?...shot in the dark here.thanks in advance,Patrick
smellywetdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
82xj750R
AF Newbie

Re: is the clutch the culprit?

Clutch master cylinder is going out it sounds like
82xj750R is offline   Reply With Quote