Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 02:04 PM   #1
bbullsj
AF Regular

96 Integra misfire when warm but not when cold

I have a 96 Integra with the non-vtec 1.8 5 speed. It is completely stock. I had a CEL for the downstream oxygen sensor. Didn't get around to replacing it for 2 months. Just before I did, it started a small misfire but only under light load at low rpm's. I put the sensor in and the CEL is off but now the misfire has gotten a lot worse.

The first 5 minutes of running and driving it runs great. After that (after it warms up), It misfires terribly. Doesn't seem to matter what speed but it happens under 4,000 rpm's. It stutters, stumbles and falls on its face. It does not set CEL for a misfire though.

What I've already done:

replaced complete distributor
replaced MAP sensor
plugs are in good shape but have not replaced them
I have wires but have not installed them
cleaned IAC valve
there is a sensor mounted on top of the intake for vacuum that I cleaned the carbon out of
have a fuel filter but have not changed it yet

What other things should I check or be looking at? Possibly fuel pump, injectors or fuel pressure regulator? I have not checked compression or done a leak down test yet either.

It's very weird that it runs fine cold but not once it heats up. Make me things it's something that has electrical in it that a contact is separating once it warms up. I want to be done just replacing parts so any help would be great.
bbullsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:06 PM   #2
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: 96 Integra misfire when warm but not when cold

Since you have new wires, you might as well install them and see what happens. If that doesn't do anything, I would probably start looking into the fuel system.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra