Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
jedge
AF Newbie

2002 Suburban stalls and sputters after driving thru water.

After driving through high water (only 12"-18" deep), my 2002 Suburban stalled. It restarted but runs rough, doesn't idle well, and still stalls and sputters under acceleration. A week later (it's been dry and I've driven it 70 or so miles since the water), it's still stalling and sputtering. Under braking, I must keep the accelerator down enough to keep the RPMs slightly above 1000 or it will stall. Obviously something got wet that shouldn't have gotten wet.
jedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: 2002 Suburban stalls and sputters after driving thru water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedge View Post
After driving through high water (only 12"-18" deep), my 2002 Suburban stalled. It restarted but runs rough, doesn't idle well, and still stalls and sputters under acceleration. A week later (it's been dry and I've driven it 70 or so miles since the water), it's still stalling and sputtering. Under braking, I must keep the accelerator down enough to keep the RPMs slightly above 1000 or it will stall. Obviously something got wet that shouldn't have gotten wet.

the computer/pcm is in a bad spot. remove the cover and inspect the connectors/pins for corrosion.

also the air box can trap water. I have put 1/8 in drain holes in it so water can drain out. check that air filter is dry/must be dry.
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote