Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
Andrew S
AF Newbie

Trans Problem?

I have a 2005 CR-V with about 170K miles on it. for a while now i have been getting a real bad shudder while driving, typically between 40 and 50 mph. It is the whole car that sudders, not just the stearing wheel. If i speed up a little or slow down a little it will stop shuddering, it really only seems to happen when in between gears. Once i get past it, the car feels fine.

Figuring it was/is a transmission issue i have taken the car in twice to have the trans flush hoping it would be an inexpensive fix. No Luck.

Since then i have had the car into two different transmission shops. The first shop took my car for an hour and said it seems like i need to consider rebuilding the trans to the tune of $3500.

The Second shop took my car for about an hour and a half and said after running a scan of the computer that there is a pressure sensor that is showing up as bad, and that is most likely the issue to the tune of $200. He said it was the VCT Oil Sensor (also known as a Rocker Arm Sensor) that needs to be replaced.

Obviously i would like to beileve that the $200 fix is the way to go, but I don't know enough about cars to know. Could a pressure switch cause that sort of shudder between gears? or is it just wishful thinking that i could avoid a $3500 bill.

Last edited by Andrew S; 02-18-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Add Detail.
Andrew S is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
'05 , advice , cr-v , problem , transmission
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V