Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > DeLorean > DMC-12
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 09:58 PM   #1
N'CTRL
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to N'CTRL
Swap Info

Hello, I am new at this forum but have been a long time DeLorean enthusiast. I am looking to pick up a DMC in the very near future and wanted to do a motor swap, mainly because the local one I am looking at does not have a running engine.

In any case, I know there are people who have swaped in Northstar V8's from Caddy's. Would the engine from the Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (supercharged) be just as easy? Are there kits available that makes all of this a bolt in procedure.

On the same note, what is done to the tranny? I prefer a 5 spd, and the one I am looking at does have this tranny. Can it handle the 250 or so horsepower that these engines put out? How can it be made to bolt up? On the same note, would I be able to mount up a GM 5spd trans if necessary?

I understand this forum does not pull in a lot of traffic, but hopefully someone can help with the answers. If not, maybe some one can point me in the direction of a more populated forum.

Thanks.
N'CTRL is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > DeLorean > DMC-12