Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
Ryu-Chan
AF Newbie

Its cold and I have no heat

This is my issue. I am not getting any blowing inside the cabin of the car. The fan dosnt kick on unless i turn the ac on. Even then, it is not blowing anything into the car. W/o the heater on, the fan doesnt come on at all. Any suggestions? Thats about the best way for me to describe, but feel free to ask for specifics.
Ryu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #2
BigRed
AF Newbie

Re: Its cold and I have no heat

02? blend door problem...there are a couple of us in same boat. I'm going to wait till fall cause I have cold air right now.
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:28 AM   #3
BigRed
AF Newbie

when switching fom colt to hot grinding noise from right side of dash by center console and barly got heat... Well here is the problem MR958603 heater control assembly $150. dealer. The deal is that is an electric motor that opens the valve to the heater core is it crap. Opened conrol looks ok but I replaced it ant works great! I have pixs on how to do this..
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:28 AM   #4
Bronxbombr
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed
when switching fom colt to hot grinding noise from right side of dash by center console and barly got heat... Well here is the problem MR958603 heater control assembly $150. dealer. The deal is that is an electric motor that opens the valve to the heater core is it crap. Opened conrol looks ok but I replaced it ant works great! I have pixs on how to do this..
I have one for sale, and i will give you a better deal than the dealer.
Bronxbombr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:10 PM   #5
Morgan33
AF Newbie

Is this problem with all Galants, or, just with the 2002's?

I had the obnoxious clicking sound (until it stopped, along with the ability to adjust the temp in the cabin), but, I am unsure if the problem is from stripped gears or the heater controler mentioned above. I am looking to tackle this no heat problem this weekend (my repair guy wants $1200!) and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A couple of questions...
  • What have you typically found to be the problem?
  • Is it necessary to take the whole dash apart?
  • Is the part only available from the dealer?
  • Does this job require any 'special' tools?
Thanks in advance.
Morgan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:19 PM   #6
irishmedic48
AF Newbie

can you e-mail me the pics please? Im havging the exact problem. irishmedic48@yahoo.com
irishmedic48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #7
odie241
AF Newbie

Angry Re: Its cold and I have no heat

i was wondering if i could get those pictures too please,that would be great,or a link on how to do it,as soon as possible,im gonna try and do it first thing tomorrow morning,ty steve odie241@msn.com
odie241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #8
kjhayes1
AF Newbie

If you have those pictures and instructions about the howto install the MR958603 part, could you please send them to me ? I have a 1999 Mitsibihi Galant and I have the part, but I don't have a clue of where it goes.
kjhayes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:15 PM   #9
hx716
AF Newbie

Would you please email the pics how to replace MR958603 to hx716@mail.ru Thank you in advance.
hx716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #10
cahoca
AF Newbie

I have the 4 Cyl Mitsubishi Galant 2002. (In fact it was probably made right her in Bloomington/Normal IL) I seem to be in the same boat as others - sort of... My temperature dial will not open the heat although the AC works fine. For as long as I can remember there has been the grinding noise mentioned when the heat did work and it was opening something up. It actually sounded like a door trying to open. It does this off an on but recently I have not been able to get it to heat for several weeks. I have read the posts about the MR part that is may the problem so I decided to go to autozone to see if I could buy a Haynes that would show how to get to it. Before I went, I took the neg side off the battery and pulled the bottom panel off under the glove compartment. I went ahead and took screws out that I could get to around the blendor box type thing and that's when I decided I better get something more on how to dismantle things.

On the way to autozone, I turned the center dial to mode 1 on the fan control and then moved the dial to heat for the fun of it- THE DARN THING WORKED! I'm afraid to see if it will do it a second time so I went on to the store. The Haynes manual DOES NOT show the MR part mentioned in the post nor does it show anything about the Blend Door and what you might be able to do as far as lubricating them and accessing it. The sales person there agreed that it may be that the blend door is binding up and not opening for heat but neither of us could find any info about it.

My questions:
1.Could someone send me the instructions on how to replace the MR part mentioned in the post?
2. Does anyone know where I can find pictures/instructions on the Blend Door area?
3. Anyone else got the same problem and been able to solve it?

Thanks In Advance
Chuck
cahoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:31 AM   #11
odie241
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Its cold and I have no heat

i wish i had some pictures of it,i didnt take any when i made the repair.I do know is if you tke the glove box door completely off,you will see the part between the two sections,little black module,which controls the valve that goes into the heater control.to really see if that is actually your problem,take that control module off,and manually move the valve halfway while the car is running,and if you have heat,wala there is your problem.if you have anyother questions you can contact me back,i will be glad to help you with this problem further,i have yahoo messenger to guide you through it also,thanks,Odie
odie241 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant