Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 08:16 PM   #1
71plymouthsat
AF Newbie

Production numbers for 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring-Plus

Hey all..

Anyone have any information or hints on how to find production numbers for the 1971 Model year for the Plymouth Satellite Sebring-Plus? Just curious.. Have a 1971 Satellite here, with a non-matching numbers 400 CID motor and a 727 torqueflite...not real concerned about the value, just curoius about how "common" the Satellite line is.. I would love to hear from other owners/potential owners of other 1971 Satellite/Roadrunner/GTX cars.. Any input is appreciated..thanx!
71plymouthsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
sebringplus72
AF Newbie

Re: Production numbers for 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring-Plus

Back in 1972 I owned a new 72 Sebring Plus with the 400 with an automatic transmission. This was one of the best car I ever owned. I know in 72 they made apx 18000 Sebring Plus models. This car was not fast off the line as it had a 2.42 highway gear but would cruise at 120 all day. It is the only car I never topped out, I had it up to 135 and the front was getting real light. I did have a highway race with a 390 Mustang and beat him by a fender. He lost twice, once to me and also to the Florida Highway Patrol who chased him down with their 440 Fury's. I was able to avoid them and they chased him. It was a comfortable car and would get about 19 MPG on the road at 80 MPH. I have found another 72 with 77000 miles on it and it is the same color. Have started to restore it and look forward to driving it.
sebringplus72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
mikedonovan
AF Newbie

1971 14 to 16,000. many were Canadian and no records. sebring plus and GTX rare depending on options etc, they tend to toss them togeather if the parts are laying around, i know , i worked the assembly line in 1971 on.. my car itself is a roadrunner-sattelite-gtx , with vin plates. bet u never seen that one, and documented by Chrylers and Gavin govier...
mikedonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
jamesslcx
AF Enthusiast

One of my favorite cars, those 400 can be a real hoss if modified. Great car and great engine.
jamesslcx is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > General Discussion