Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Fabrication & Tools > Other
Other Other fabricating topics.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
moliva1568
AF Regular

Building a box

Not sure if this would go here but here it goes..

I want to put/build a bar/console to put in my car. I doubt I'll find anything pre fabricated so I'll have to try my hand at building one. I'd like it to go in between 2 bucket seats that I'll be using to replace a current bench seat. I want it to have a place i can put ice in and use a "cooler " for drinks and to store a bottle or two of alcohol. I would also like to even put a monitor and speakers on the side to enhance the a/v set up in the back. A friend of mine even mentioned a cigar humidor but that might be pushing it. I don't need any fancy curves so i envision a rectangular box shape with an opening up top and removable type basin for ice, a monitor on the front facing the back seat and a door below to store the liquor. A speaker on each side and cup holders on top. Looking at the pictures i put here, i want a similar shape to the smaller console but more like the bigger one which i would carpet. I don't want it to take up two seats like the big one. What kind of tools do you think i need and what kind of wood should i use to do this? How do i measure to go over the hump in the middle of the floor? I'm probably taking on more than i can handle but i'm going to try anyway. Any and all help is appreciated.

Something close to this in shape

But more like this in features. Just not as big

moliva1568 is offline   Reply With Quote