Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter Bravo is the Australian vesion, Bounty the New Zealand version and Drifter the South African version.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 02:53 AM   #1
sklein25
AF Newbie

Seat question for '88 B2200 in Toronto!!!!

I'd like to replace the stock bench on my '88 B2200 standard cab to something more sportier like individual buckets! Does anyone know which bucket seats might bolt right in? I think someone once told me '89 Honda Prelude seats are a straight bolt-in???

Thanks.............

sklein25@hotmail.com
sklein25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 01:20 AM   #2
Sluttypatton
AF Enthusiast

Not sure, one of my firends B2200's has honda seats (not sure from which car) but I don't know how much modification was necessary, if any. Grab a measuring tape and take it to the wreckers, find out for sure.
Last edited by Sluttypatton on 13-54-2098 at 25:75 PM.
Sluttypatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:19 PM   #3
euskeco
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to euskeco
Re: Seat question for '88 B2200 in Toronto!!!!

I have a set of Bucket seats that I took out of a Mazda 626, that are very nice and fit perfect. But I took them out becuz I went back to lowback buckets. I am selling them. But any seat from a Mazda 626, 323, etc should work. Like Sluttypatton said just measure the bolt pattern and it should work. Let me know if anymore questions I can help.
euskeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:16 PM   #4
petrob2200
AF Newbie

Suzuki Swift seats will bolt directly up as well.
petrob2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 02:54 PM   #5
sointense
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Seat question for '88 B2200 in Toronto!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by euskeco
I have a set of Bucket seats that I took out of a Mazda 626, that are very nice and fit perfect. But I took them out becuz I went back to lowback buckets. I am selling them. But any seat from a Mazda 626, 323, etc should work. Like Sluttypatton said just measure the bolt pattern and it should work. Let me know if anymore questions I can help.

Do you still have the seats. If so where are you, what do they look like and how much do you want for them??
sointense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:20 AM   #6
sourceunkn
AF Newbie

Unhappy

B2600 seat swap??

Alright guys, I need some straight answers here. I searched the salvage yards yesterday to find that the MX-6, 929, Millenia, 626 (80's-90's), 323, and Protoge all have a bolt pattern that is either too large or too small for my '87 B2600. The distance between the front bolt holes on my truck is about 16". All the midsize Mazdas above are around 17.25". I believe the 323 was 15.5-15.75". I also checked with the Suzuki Swift seats and they don't have the right bolt pattern either.
So, has anyone actually installed any of these seats without modification? You know, true drop-in. Please let me know if you have found anything that will work with no to little modification. Thanks! Any help is greatly appreciated.
Andy
sourceunkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 10:23 AM   #7
sourceunkn
AF Newbie

Well, I bought some '97 626 seats and am going to drill new bolt holes on either side of the stock ones on the floor. Should work. The only fun thing will be trying to wire up power for the power driver's seat.
sourceunkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #8
MAZTANG
AF Newbie

this is custom car building....you cant expect anything to just drop in or bolt up...like no company that i have found makes a cowel hood for a mazda b2200...and yet i have one...a 4.5 inch cowel hood...huge just make it fit...get out the tourches heat it up and bend away till it fits...or cut it off and make your own mounting plate
MAZTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:14 PM   #9
cusky ss
AF Enthusiast

i have full power in my b-series, i dont even remember what kind of seats they are but its easy to hook up the power, just a power and a ground

oh and for all those who are searching for what seats fit with little to no mods, go with crx, integra, or mx6 seats, late 80s early 90s on all
cusky ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #10
hocbj23
AF Regular

why not get the buckets out of a B2200 or B2600 and use them?BJ
hocbj23 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter