Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 01:22 AM   #31
dice daniels
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Subs in my BED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFryman
you cna do a cut through but unless you know what you are doing plan on a leaky cab or your enclosure getting seriously ragged out....the bed will flex with the frame....and if you hit a big enough hole you will snap your enclosure right in half

and whoever told whoever that 15's dont last as long as 10's or 12's.... well dont listen to that persone because they need to be shot right now...
I realy didd'nt think it was true. I heard it from about 3 people but then again they were all buddies and only one of them had a decent system. I was told they start getting stress creases. But shit if it aint true then I guess I know now.

The only bed cut through I have ever helped with was damn near more work than it was wourth. he cut a hole through the cab and bed and pushed his box through to the back of the seats and drove down the road to test it out. He ended up busting his box to shit when he hit the first bump. I finaly talked him into going to an rv shop and buying a boot for going between a camper shell and the cab. It was still a bitch though.We had to have custom cut rings made to bolt the boot in, and once we finaly got it in, the body still flexed too much when he went off road. It almost ripped the boot so we had to put soft rubber bushings between the bed and the frame and then use 1 inch body lift spacers to get the body lines to line back up. It turned out to be pretty damn nice once he built a new box and got it all set up. he ran 4 15" momos for a while and then upgraded to jl about a year later and started competing. But I still would'nt want to do it myself. It may knock the wind out of you but its way too much damn work.
dice daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 03:42 AM   #32
threedd97
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to threedd97 Send a message via AIM to threedd97
Maybe a pile of crap from Sony or something along the lines of that, but even then it's probably not true. Have they ever owned a 15" themselves? Heard one? Seen one?
'98 Grand Prix GT 4Dr
'06 XXX 12"
Possibly a Cadence ZRS-10
Pioneer DEH-5500MP
threedd97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 11:22 AM   #33
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ngsm13
Re: Re: Subs in my BED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchonutty
All you little people are fun to watch!
Some people are...

NG
ngsm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 02:26 PM   #34
OffRoadSonoma
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSonoma Send a message via Yahoo to OffRoadSonoma
Thanks for all the replies guys. It's really gonna help this summer when I redo my system. One of the guys was talking about a website, realm of darkness. Do you guys have any other websites I can get encolsure ideas from, or speaker or brand reviews? Or are the reviews pretty much useless, since it all depends on the build right. Thanks guys.
OffRoadSonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 03:42 PM   #35
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman
Re: Subs in my BED

Myself, Bumpinstang, and ngsm13 along with maybe a few others in here design enclosures. all you have to do is PM or E-mail is with Maximum dimentions (LxWxH) and what you are looking for (Pure SQ, SQL, SQL with but more SPL oriented, or all out SPL. and if you would prefer Ported OR Sealed. Im messing around with TL but that is pretty much HT only unless you want to give up alot of space)
We have a brand list that is pretty well agreed on between us all and alot of people outside this board.
but you can head over to DIYaudio.com or Soundillusions.net.
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio