Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 09:25 PM   #1
gillman6000
Banned

SUBS: Rockford Fosgate PUNCH vs. Audiobahn

I listen to rap music, so i want alot of bass. I have heard an equal amount of recomendations for the two, so which are better,the rockford fosgate punch series or the whole line of all of the audiobahn subs? and i want alot of hard hittin' bass! i am not really worried about the price. also: which amp would you prefer between the two, audiobahn or rockford fosgate?
Thanks...
gillman6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 10:19 PM   #2
AndonD454
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AndonD454
Re: SUBS: Rockford Fosgate PUNCH vs. Audiobahn

of course you have a price range.. let us know whether youre thinkin like 1000 after subs amp and box or like 5000 or like 600.. and i dont believe many people in this forum are going to suggest either brand of sub.. you might get one audiobahn immortal vote or a fosgate T3 vote but we dont even know if you can afford either

also, as far as amps go, i would suggest fosgate over audiobahn but yet again theres much better than both out there so give us a price range and we can actually help
AndonD454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 11:40 PM   #3
Haibane
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Haibane

Fosgate amps are great amps for your average consumer. I would choose the audiobahns for subs
Old 11-28-2004, 10:28 AM   #4
loismustdie
AF Enthusiast

NEITHER. the only rockford amps worth looking at are the power series, and i'd stay away from audiobahn amps. and for subs, the rockford has better quality, but, depending on the model, the audiobahn has the potential to get loud(while sounding like shit).

so my advice would be to get neither company for any aspect of your system. but if you are just curious then i'd say rockford has audiobahn beat in both subs and amps.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:50 PM   #5
gillman6000
Banned

the ma is 3k tops. i mean top of the line, and if not rockford or audiobahn, then what is the best for my situation, rap music and max 3k.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:32 PM   #6
loismustdie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: SUBS: Rockford Fosgate PUNCH vs. Audiobahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillman6000
the ma is 3k tops. i mean top of the line, and if not rockford or audiobahn, then what is the best for my situation, rap music and max 3k.
do you mean you have 3000 watts available or 3000$ available?

i'd say for your situation, 2 12 IDMAX's(about 600$), or 1 15 brahma(about 450$).

if you meant 3000 watts, is that rms if so, then i'd say, 3 IDmax 12's(900$), or 2 15 XXX's(900$). i think the brahma might get hurt with 1500 watts a piece, so that is why i'm suggesting the 2 xxx's instead.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:18 PM   #7
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bumpinstang77

Go to www.reaudio.com and order a pair of sx 12's or 15's depending on how much room you have then a couple hifonics bx1500d's off ebay and build a custom ported enclosure....total cost..... bout 1200..... will sound WAAAYYY better and get a lot louder then AudioPAWNS or fosBREAKS......if you ot the money tho get better amps.....fosgate power series are badass.... I like Ma's hk line too......even better would be a couple ed nine.1's www.edesignaudio.com You'll prolly need a good alternator and a couple yellow tops to support it.... You could get away with a bx1500d and a pair of SE's from resonant engineering with just a big three electrical upgrade......ohh yea HAPPY BDAY TO ME!!!
bumpinstang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:16 PM   #8
gillman6000
Banned

k=$1000, so 3k = $3000, THE WATTS ARE UNLIMITED. I have never heard any of those "other" brands. Are there any other more "popular" brands that any of you suggest?
Old 12-01-2004, 11:21 AM   #9
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bumpinstang77

You haven't heard of the brands because they are what's called "internet brands" Go hit up any car audio forums and you will find out that the products listed are far superior to 99% of the stuff you could get locally.
bumpinstang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:50 AM   #10
Mannyb18b
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mannyb18b Send a message via MSN to Mannyb18b

RE audio and E designs rape any of the brands you are probably thinking of in quality and performance.
Mannyb18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:18 PM   #11
curtis73
Professional Ninja Killer

I've used both punch and audiobahn, and I find an almost imperceptible difference in sound quality between the two. The Punch is maybe 1% better suspended and 5% more cone-stable, but the fact that I can buy 4 audiobahns for the price of one punch makes the 'bahns my current go-to choice. Audiobahn has some really killer deals on last years models at www.thezeb.com.

As far as amps, I think one of the greatest brands is also one of the most affordable; USAcoustics. They don't have the frills and lights, but they make seriously reliable power for very little cash. I know you said that money wasn't an object, but if you listened to an Audiobahn/USAcoustics system and a Punch/Fosgate amp system side-by-side I'll bet you couldn't hear the difference, so why waste the money?
Old 12-01-2004, 02:27 PM   #12
loismustdie
AF Enthusiast

ok, don't listen to anyone else but me........go with 2 12 inch OZ audio matrix elite, these subs are absolutely amazing, if you can find thema t 200$ a piece its an amazing deal, they are exrtemely efficient, and have amazing sq, give each sub about 1.2 ft^3.

for amps, get a tru, zapco, dls or another high end brand, get a a/b class, that give's each sub 500 watts.

or plan b

what most people on this board will recomend: 1 15 brahma or xxx, and an ed nine.1

i would go with the 2 oz's.....but thats probly only me
Old 12-01-2004, 03:45 PM   #13
gillman6000
Banned

Well, what is the best brand out there, online, lacally, ect... but still in my price range of 3000$
Old 12-01-2004, 04:13 PM   #14
curtis73
Professional Ninja Killer

Here is a good reference for you

http://www.clubknowledge.com/Car_Audio_FAQ/?t11

Its a list of bad, middle, and recommended audio brands. Nothing is set in stone, but this list is generally accepted as complete and undisputed by most audiophiles. You'll always get the Ford is better than Chevy arguments on specific brands, but just follow this list and you can't go wrong. Some of the top-line brands in this list that are more affordable that I know are USacoustics, and MTX. The one thing you'll have to lose is the general marketing fluff that makes people think one brand is better than others. This list was compiled by mature audiophiles, designers, audio service techs, and SQL freaks, so it pays no lip service to price and brand name nor the stigmas that follow them. Its based on construction, quality, longevity, SQL, and SPL.

For instance, you'll find Kenwood and Sony in the "worst" list and you'll find JVC, MTX amps, and Cerwin Vega in the "best" list. Rockford Fosgate falls in the middle. So much of what people think sounds best is because marketing tells them so. A good example is USAcoustics. They use no-frills heatsinks and cases, top quality parts and assembly, but don't advertise or market their product. The result is a superior product for a minimum price. Contrast that with the "big" companies who farm out all of their work to the lowest possible bidder and you get inconsistencies and multi-continent accountability.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:13 PM   #15
Mannyb18b
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mannyb18b Send a message via MSN to Mannyb18b

There is no such thing as the BEST BRAND OUT THERE! and why are you recommendind only class A/B. And what Loismustdie is telling you for a system is a very good system, both plan A and B. But for 3000 dollars!!! your only recommending about half of what he can afford
Mannyb18b is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio