Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 07:02 PM   #1
kris
Off playing with fire.

A sad day for auto enthusiasts.

I got this off another site.

more pictures of his 2000 Eclipse GT! http://www.raptorweb.com/eclipse/mem...ckbird/rob.htm
full story: http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/ne...sh11082001.htm
Be careful people.

FRAMINGHAM - A 22-year-old Connecticut man was impaled by a metal guard rail and later died last night after he lost control of his 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse while speeding down the Mass Pike, authorities said.

Robert Tomaszewski of Waterbury, Conn. was unconscious, but alive with multiple wounds on the right side of his body when Framingham paramedics arrived just after 11 p.m., fire officials said. There was no one else in the car.

Framingham fire paramedics brought Tomaszewski by ambulance to the park-and-ride lot at Rte. 9 and California Avenue, where he was flown by medical helicopter to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester. He was pronounced dead less than an hour later, authorities said.

The end of the metal guard rail pierced the trunk of Tomaszewski's sporty red Eclipse, impaled the right side of the driver's body and shot out the windshield, police and fire officials said.

"He started skidding and the car turned around hitting one half of the guard rail to shish kebab the car," said Framingham Fire Lt. Brad Smith. "It skewered the car right through."

Tomaszewski was heading eastbound on the Massachusetts Turnpike when he lost control of his Eclipse near the Sheraton Framingham and Exit 12, State Police Lt. Paul Maloney said. The car skidded backward and crashed into the concrete median where the guard rail begins, Maloney said.

The high-speed lanes on both sides of the Pike were closed down while police and rescue workers cleared the scene. The State Police collision and analysis team is investigating the accident and will complete an official report
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 05:18 AM   #2
GTS-4 Ben
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to GTS-4 Ben
That is really bad luck..

There was a police chanse and shooting here today in New Zealand. Wasn't far from me, down the road.

Ben
Old 11-21-2001, 12:26 PM   #3
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonZX
Unhappy

That's sad, I hate to see that happen. He was probably doing just a little to much than his car & he could handle.

R.I.P. "Mama (my Z)" . . . But now we have the VR-4 #683/2000
"Dude, You fucking passed the test, but just barely, wanna know what you got?...F+......CLICK!"
-Tenacious D(Jack BLack)-
"Official Moron Crew Founder!"
DemonZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 12:43 PM   #4
G-Forces
Banned

I'm not going to assume that he was speeding or racing. It really sucks when this kind of things happens. However since it was on a public road I'm glad no innocents were hurt.
G-Forces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 03:41 PM   #5
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

hey there's a guy on AF that had a car that looked exactly the same... i forget the guys nickname but he sent me a picture of his eclipse to post on a thread

this is the picture of the guys eclipse here on AF... hope it's not the same guy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3g.jpg (53.8 KB, 192 views)
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 03:42 PM   #6
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

nope, nevermind those rims are different
but still pretty freaky thinking that somebody on here could have died in a street race
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 09:15 PM   #7
Danny Boy
AF Newbie

Why is it creepy? It could happen to any of us at any time. If you're gonna play, please be aware of the possible consequences.
Chances you take. Pushing it too far, going too fast. I cannot turn down a stoplight to stoplight race because I never get above 50mph which the likelyhood of death from an accident is not very likely. Its when I get away from downtown I get nervous, and a 70-150 interstate race is just askin for it.
Old 11-21-2001, 09:23 PM   #8
blatch
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to blatch Send a message via AIM to blatch
the death of a car is a sad thing. at least it was an eclipse gt, and not a skyline, as i've seen before... that crunched me.

blatch likes caffeine.
blatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 12:28 AM   #9
Nxtyoung
AF Regular

When i'm driving this kind of stuff always worries me. At any moment you can be messin around and come around a corner too fast and hit gravle and its all over. I guess thouse are the chances we take.
Nxtyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 09:46 PM   #10
kris
Off playing with fire.

Quote:
Originally posted by blatch
the death of a car is a sad thing. at least it was an eclipse gt, and not a skyline, as i've seen before... that crunched me.
Damn, thats so petty. The death of another person, who happened to be doing something he enjoyed, is what is sad. Fuck the car, cars can be replaced.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 09:55 PM   #11
Steel
AF Fanatic

I drove by that accident!!

That's freaking weird. Small world, huh?
Old 11-22-2001, 10:17 PM   #12
Rich
Never Fear, Rich is here!

Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally posted by blatch
Im with Kb here. You value a car more than a human life?

You can get a new car anytime, but a new life?

Think about it.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 11:07 PM   #13
Malibu
AF Newbie

also

sad day as well, the closing of the german autobahn.. not all of it, but some crucial parts
19" RacingHart C5 w/Nitto NT555 Rubbers
6 CD InDash / 10 Changer
Malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 01:33 PM   #14
Nxtyoung
AF Regular

Why did they close parts of the Autobahn?
Nxtyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 12:52 PM   #15
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Scary that something similar happened to me almost a year and a half ago, and I was fortunate enough to walk away (actually DRIVE away) unscathed. The car sustained just over $6,000 in damages, but I've got absolutely zero injuries to speak of from my accident.

I agree, it is sad to think about a nice car getting axed in a situation like this, but that pales in comparison to the loss of a human life getting axed in a situation like this.
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote