Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 04:17 PM   #16
audiotech
AF Newbie

hey guys , I am new here . I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to program a keyless remote for a 95 Blazer . I have done one before on a T/A I had , but the wire configuration in the diagnostic terminal is different here , there are only 6 wires in the back of it . Thanks !
audiotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 08:04 AM   #17
Tireburner
AF Enthusiast

My 95 Book doesn't show programming, so I went to the 96 book. As near as I can tell the vehicles are the same I'm not showing a change until 98, so from 94-97 this info should be correct.

1) Ground terminal No. 8(black/white wire) of Data Link Connector (DLC) Located under lower left side of dash. Reciever will respond by locking and unlocking doors within 2 seconds. Press any button of first transmitter to be programmed. Control module will respond by locking/unlocking all doors and activationg liftgate release

2) Press any button of second transmitter to be programmed. Control module will again respond by locking/unlocking all doors and activating hatch release. Remove ground from DLC terminal 8. Transmitter operation can then be verified. Attempt all functions with remote.
Tireburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 07:35 AM   #18
Tireburner
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by rjones2001
Now the pontiac remote for some reason does not program. im thinking its because it may be broken (have tried new batteries) or because the DOC/MDC appear different from the buick. Now a dealership in my area said the FCC ID for the Pontiac should work for my car. The specifications on the back of this remote are GM Part Number (25602667.68.69); Model/FCC ID: (ABOO3O3T, DOC/MDC: 218 K1033); and made by United Technologies Automotive.

I found two remotes identical to each other. I believe they are from a Suburban approx. 95 year.

GM P/N 15955702
DOC/MDC 218 K1035
FCC ID ABO 01047

I don't have X reference guides on these remotes to see what they are compatible with, but most GM vehicles from that time period used TRW systems.

The ones I have have "Lock" on the left, "Unlock" on the right, and "Rear" on the bottom center.

If you would like to send me your address via e-mail, I will mail one or both to you and you can see if they will program.

Jack@directed.com
Old 01-18-2002, 10:13 AM   #19
zippy6000
AF Newbie

Question Need help with a 99 Tahoe

You have some great tips posted here. I want to thank you very much!! I have a '99 Tahoe that has remote keyless entry and remote start. The only problem with this is that they are on two different controllers. I was wondering if the stock keyless entry is smart enough to be programmed to accept a new transmitter that can do all of the above.

Any ideas? I have a transmitter from crimestopper that can do both.

Please let me know.
zippy6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 10:20 AM   #20
Tireburner
AF Enthusiast

zippy6000

Your Crimestopper, provided it has the outputs to do door locks, will do your keyless and remote start. But, you can not program the factory remote to the Crimestopper unit.

They two units operate off of different frequencies. Sorry.
Old 01-18-2002, 10:26 AM   #21
zippy6000
AF Newbie

re: Need help with a 99 Tahoe

Thanks for the quick reply. The Crimestopper remote is from a different car. I just got the Tahoe and I don't know what remote start system it has in it.

So is there anyway at all that I could get it down to one remote. Except for installing a new remote start/keyless entry combo and bypassing everything that is in it now?
zippy6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 10:31 AM   #22
Tireburner
AF Enthusiast

Re: re: Need help with a 99 Tahoe

Quote:
Originally posted by zippy6000
Thanks for the quick reply. The Crimestopper remote is from a different car. I just got the Tahoe and I don't know what remote start system it has in it.

So is there anyway at all that I could get it down to one remote. Except for installing a new remote start/keyless entry combo and bypassing everything that is in it now?
Unfortunately, that would be your only option. The thing to watch out for is if the Crimestopper is an older unit, putting a new Crimestopper in, they may not be cross programmable.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:16 AM   #23
Tireburner
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by audiotech
hey guys , I am new here . I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to program a keyless remote for a 95 Blazer . I have done one before on a T/A I had , but the wire configuration in the diagnostic terminal is different here , there are only 6 wires in the back of it . Thanks !
Sorry it took so long, but I finally found a GM tech that would help.

Drop the underdash. there are 3 -7mm holding it up. Right next to the parking brake mounted on the underdash pane is a module. This is you keyless entry module.

Ground the black wire with the white stripe wire

The doors will lock then unlock, and the hatch should pop

press lock on each remote one at a time

The doors should lock/ unlock to confirm the remote(s)

Remove ground from black/white wire.

Hope that helps!
Old 01-26-2002, 10:52 AM   #24
audiotech
AF Newbie

Thumbs up

Hi Tireburner,
I tried the module procedure on my 95 Blazer and it worked like a charm . Just a thank you note , you certainly went out of your way to help me out , and I really appreciate it .

Thanks again.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:12 AM   #25
Tireburner
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by audiotech
Hi Tireburner,
I tried the module procedure on my 95 Blazer and it worked like a charm . Just a thank you note , you certainly went out of your way to help me out , and I really appreciate it .

Thanks again.

Happy to be of service!!!
Old 02-05-2002, 11:24 AM   #26
Brokenbone
AF Newbie

Question Prgrammng '97 Chevy Suburban keyless

Appreciate all the tips provided for this thread especially grateful to Tireburner for the manual excerpts.
For our vehicle, '97 Chevy Suburban, I attempted programming a transmitter from the recommendations provided by Tireburner on the '98 Blazer but wasn't successful. I researched Tireburner's recommendation for the '95 Blazer; after looking under the dash near the parking brake, I couldn't identify the keyless entry module or the black and striped wires noted.
Is the '95 Blazer procedure the right direction to take? If so, could the keyless entry module be in a different location than the Blazer and/or are there any distinguishable marks that may help a shadetree dummy like myself identify this module? Thanks for your time!
Brokenbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 11:38 AM   #27
Tireburner
AF Enthusiast

Re: Prgrammng '97 Chevy Suburban keyless

Quote:
Originally posted by Brokenbone
Appreciate all the tips provided for this thread especially grateful to Tireburner for the manual excerpts.
For our vehicle, '97 Chevy Suburban, I attempted programming a transmitter from the recommendations provided by Tireburner on the '98 Blazer but wasn't successful. I researched Tireburner's recommendation for the '95 Blazer; after looking under the dash near the parking brake, I couldn't identify the keyless entry module or the black and striped wires noted.
Is the '95 Blazer procedure the right direction to take? If so, could the keyless entry module be in a different location than the Blazer and/or are there any distinguishable marks that may help a shadetree dummy like myself identify this module? Thanks for your time!
Provided you have a factory system the following proceedure will work.

1)Ground terminal #8 (black/white wire)of Data Link connector (DLC) Receiver willl respond by locking / unlocking all doors within 2 seconds. Press and hold LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote simeltaneously on first transmitter until locks cycle (lock then unlock)

2) Press and hold LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simeltaneously on second transmitter until the locks cycle

Remove ground from black white wire pin # 8 at DLC

Transmitter function can now be verified..

DLC is located under drivers side of dash, bolted directly to the bottom of the dash panel

Hope this helps!
Old 02-06-2002, 10:17 AM   #28
Brokenbone
AF Newbie

Thumbs up RE: '97 Suburban remote

Tireburner: Thanks for the information on programming our keyless remotes for the '97 Suburban. The procedures listed went exactly as you described. Your expertise and willingness to share it is certainly appreciated.
Brokenbone
Brokenbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 10:24 AM   #29
Tireburner
AF Enthusiast

Brokenbone:

Thank You! Happy that I could be of assistance!
Old 02-08-2002, 10:04 AM   #30
gary7622
AF Newbie

Question Programing 99 Buick Park Ave

I have tried all the methods listed and none of them work on my car. Does anyone have the info on this car? The remote is a GM/UTA FCC# K0BUT1BT.
gary7622 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion