Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 01:54 PM   #16
Route6t6
AF Newbie

Question

I'm a newbie to AF, and am really interested in Auto XRay's Upgrade and EZLink information. I own one of the older ones that I would like to upgrade my self. I must admit that I don't have a lot to contribute -YET- and Am looking for info, but I'm an electronics technician and computer tinkerer, as well as being a pretty good mechanic. So my point is, I can probably be of some help in finding answers for technical questions as well. I am also looking for the pin out for the EZLink computer interface cable. I got an offer from the company to trade in my Auto XRay for one of their newest models with all upgrades. It seemed reasonable until I noticed an additional charge, since I didn't have any of the EZlink interface stuff. Since I have one of the older ones with all the OBDI , & OBDII cables, it was some what more useful, but overall seemed kind of cripled when trying to do serious analysis and trouble shooting. I really need to upgrade but I am wondering if I am just going to waste my money for more features that are of little or no use. It is potentially a great tool, but up to this point, I've not been able to my money's worth out of it as is. Now the company is trying to convince me that will all change if I will just spend a little more money to go with the full upgrade. Actually, the full boat trade-in for the 6000 is $549. You can buy outright, new for $699 retail and cheaper discounted. I already spent over $450 to begin with. I guess it would be worth it if it would finally find all problems ( OK, I'm dreaming!). I'd really like to get that cable pin out so I could download from the website.

Last edited by Route6t6; 02-01-2004 at 08:51 PM.
Route6t6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:35 AM   #17
kb7uxe
AF Newbie

Re: AutoXray Enhanced function upgrade?

You should be able to get your EZ-UpDATE 400 for about $29. at any schucks autoparts.. thats almost a must to get current update information. But like the other fella stated, If I can get the serial number, seed code, and the unlock code from anyone, I should be able to get algorithm to unlock anyones code reader.. PLS some one send me info!!! Dan kb7uxe@yelmtel.com
kb7uxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 10:46 PM   #18
Route6t6
AF Newbie

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to shop around alittle to see if I can find that price. I was hoping somebody reading this might have the pinout for the cable, so I could make my own, but $30 and no hassle building it, is probably ok.
Route6t6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:45 AM   #19
kb7uxe
AF Newbie

As previously stated :
If I can get the serial number, seed code, and the unlock code from sumone,
I should be able to get algorithm to unlock anyones code reader..
PLS some one send me info!!!
Dan kb7uxe@yelmtel.com
kb7uxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 03:56 PM   #20
bcs
AF Newbie

hmm, any updates?

I will show you how to get the software for free, EZ-PC or EZUpdate. PM for that.

Last edited by bcs; 01-20-2013 at 07:39 PM.
bcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 04:14 PM   #21
bcs
AF Newbie

I'll give ya this much I've found...

If you wanted to come up with a way to try all the combos without damaging the buttons, you could use relays and a computer to press the buttons. Pinout as I measured it...

Power 1 and 2
Left 5 and 8
Right 4 and 6
Up 4 and 7
Down 5 and 7
Config 4 and 8
Enter 5 and 6
Scan 3 and 8
Mon 3 and 7
Data 3 and 6

+3.3V on pins 2,6,7,8

Last edited by bcs; 01-20-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:17 PM   #22
yankee0304
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to yankee0304

Right now, someone (they know and I know who they are) are currently working on the subject in question. The reason for my desire to keep identities secret is that I don't want to be responsible for that particular party recieving an undue amount of e-mail asking when they will be able to give us some good news. However, I have been promised that the issue is being worked on. I also have a AutoXRay scan tool and have provided some assistance-in the way of some specific information-to help speed things along.
yankee0304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:58 AM   #23
bcs
AF Newbie

sounds promising. If they come across any sort of algrotihm, etc.. Lemme know when the time is right !! Thanks.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:26 PM   #24
yankee0304
AF Newbie

Sorry it took me so long to get back to people, but so far, I have heard nothing from the person that I have supplied information to. They know who they are. I do understand that this person has a life, and that their life (like most other normal people) is fairly busy. However, I have no news. This beats bad news however. I will let everyone know if it has been figured out.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:16 PM   #25
greasyhog
AF Premium User

software

Does anyone know where i can download the software for free and is the cable to connect to the computer a crossover or direct or can someone tell me the color combo. thanks.
greasyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:20 PM   #26
bcs
AF Newbie

new scanner software version 3.03 released. Not sure what's new.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:14 PM   #27
yankee0304
AF Newbie

From what I can tell, and since I only have the GM enhanced function out of all the availible enhanced manufacturer options, when scanning an OBD-II GM, the first initial scan happened and then asked if the vehicle had a manual transmission or automatic transmission. This appears to be different from the way they did OBD-1, but I have yet to scan an OBD-1 vehicle-GM in particular- to find out if the setups for OBD-II are the same as OBD-I.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:18 AM   #28
tron1268
AF Newbie

Codes

Well.... after paying a small fortune for this ez-scan5000 i think its crap to pay so much extra for what they should have given you in the first place. I've been reverse engineering software for over 20 years. With a 4 digit seed and a 4 digit authorization code i dont believe it will be that difficult with the following information.

1 - Unit serial number
2 - seed key given by unit
3 - autoxrays authorization key

If someone wants to pm me this information i'll get to work on it.

Thanks
tron1268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 08:38 AM   #29
the_wraith
AF Newbie

so has anyone made any progress....

how about the ez-pc500 software?
the_wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:03 PM   #30
tron1268
AF Newbie

No info yet

I'm still waiting on someone to PM me some info. I can get to work right away but i have none as of yet.

Thanks
tron1268 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion