Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Uplander
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
Paul94Z28
AF Newbie

08 Remote Fob Replacement

Hi-

I purchased a new remote fob to replace one of the failing ones I have. I wish to sync it up to the vehicle. I have done searches, but the methods recommended do not work. Is there something specific with the 08 Model?

I tried using the power lock switch and ignition method that appears to have worked for an 05 model. Do I need to pull the radio fuse or not?

On a side not, this was a good excuse to check out the personalization options - cool!
Paul94Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #2
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: 08 Remote Fob Replacement

I'm in the same boat as you. I just misplaced one of my fobs on my '06. I had the dealer install a factory unit in '08 and got 2 remotes with it. I just bought one from eBay and looked for instructions as well. I spoke to a friend who happens to be a service manager at our local Chevy dealer and he said something about using the "lock" and "unlock" buttons on the fob at the same time, alternating between the 2 buttons. I'm going to look further into that and see. I might get some time this week to try it, but have had a procrastination streak lately . I'll post any results I get from trying this method. Hopefully the method I get to work on my '06 will also work on an '08 model. I know you hav to re-synch all the remotes at the same time for them to work.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #3
Wubs
AF Newbie

Did you get your FOB working? I need to purchase one to replace my wife's failing unit and want to know what's involved.

Thanks!
Wubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:59 AM   #4
Paul94Z28
AF Newbie

I ended up taking it to the dealer and they did it for free. Go GM!
Paul94Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #5
busman1239
AF Newbie

Hi Wubs, maybe too late now but did you try these people,
http://www.keylessfix.com/shop/ right around the corner from you.Worked great for me.
busman1239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:26 AM   #6
Tech II
AF Fanatic

If just replacing a battery, insome cases, holding the lock and unlock buttons at the same time for about 5 seconds, you will hear the horn chirp, and the fob is back in synch.....if it doesn't work, then a Tech II scanner is needed...
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:00 AM   #7
woscarr
AF Regular

I had the same problem with 08 when I bought it last year. One remote barely worked and the other was dead.

I replaced the batteries and cleaned the circuit boards and rubber pads with rubbing alcohol. At first I bought those Silvania 2032's from the dollar store and same thing both remotes barely worked, so I bought Energizers and they both work great now.

I also checked the battery contacts for loose solder contacts, both were good though.

By the way I do this with all my remotes. My home stereo Harman Kardon was acting up had to push buttons hard to make it work. I cleaned the the contacts with rubbing alcohol and it works great now also..

Cheers.
Wayne.
woscarr is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
fob , remote , reset , uplander
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Uplander