Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Nova
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
79Nova Kid
AF Newbie

Your Opinion Is NEEDED on how custom i can go

I have a 79 Nova, I was wondering what your opinion is on me putting a purple LED undercar kit on it, along with interior LEDs. My car is now black with a set of Cragar SS on it. Im a sophmore in Highschool and this is my first car, i have many plans for it including: gunmetal gray paint, 45 series rear tires, 350, dual 3inch exhaust with cutouts, tinted windows, custom stereo with dual audio headunit and 5200watts of power in just the subwoofers. I already have a 4inch fiberglass cowl induction hood i just need to mold it in.

Your opinion on how custom i can go would be greatly appreciated and considered!!!!
79Nova Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
79Nova Kid
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: Your Opinion Is NEEDED on how custom i can go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79Nova Kid
I have a 79 Nova, I was wondering what your opinion is on me putting a purple LED undercar kit on it, along with interior LEDs. My car is now black with a set of Cragar SS on it. Im a sophmore in Highschool and this is my first car, i have many plans for it including: gunmetal gray paint, 45 series rear tires, 350, dual 3inch exhaust with cutouts, tinted windows, custom stereo with dual audio headunit and 5200watts of power in just the subwoofers. I already have a 4inch fiberglass cowl induction hood i just need to mold it in.

Your opinion on how custom i can go would be greatly appreciated and considered!!!!
Just to let everyone know that I am NOT putting lights underneath my car!!! I have no idea wut i was thinkin~~
79Nova Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:31 AM   #3
bobss396
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bobss396
Re: Your Opinion Is NEEDED on how custom i can go

I'll tell you what I tell my own kids about fixing up their cars and what I've learned from personal experience.

Cops look out for young kids driving and to a point, they look to pick on them just to let them KNOW that they're being watched. Anything you do to your car will attract their attention. The more extreme the modifications, the more attention you'll get.

I had one fast electric blue '67 Impala SS that I had to sell because I was hassled so bad when I drove the car. I had lent it out to a friend that got chased by a cop and he lost the cop, but they never forget!

Bob
bobss396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #4
Dennis321
AF Newbie

You can go as crazy as you want to and can afford. To the point above, the more you do the more you'll be noticed by both those you want to notice and those you do not. So the first bit of advice is whatever you end up doing,don't drive aorund like a moron attracting unwanted attention. I'd dial down the audio system too, build a cool muscle car, not a rolling stereo show. There's no better music than the sound of a perfectly tuned V-8 running. Good luck to you with whatever you do.
Dennis321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:03 AM   #5
wera
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to wera Send a message via MSN to wera Send a message via Yahoo to wera

I put a tiny hood scoop on my car to clear the carb, now i get crap for it all the time. my suggestion, if you care what others think. restore it nice. if you want a car that you can live with, do what YOU want if it looks good, keep it, if it don't ditch it. you have to live with it not them.
wera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:50 AM   #6
kecarguy
AF Newbie

Custom, New paint, clean interiror and a smooth motor. Thats enough to impress anyone.

kyle
kecarguy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Nova