Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 02:18 AM   #1
chank
AF Newbie

so many questions so little time

I own a 96 geo tracker, 4 wheel drive, automatic. I've already made a few basic mods, cold air intake, ATS chip, side pipe, hollowed cat., plugs and wires. is there anything els I can do to my 1.3 liter? I cant find any after market turbos.
What kind of engine swaps are available? can i swap both suzuki or chevrolet motors? I also have in my possesion a charburated v6 engine out of an older camaro, could i swap this into my geo? and if so, would i need to chop out the front axel because of the 4 wheel drive?
P.S
I need to find a quick fix for horsepower, ive already agreed to race this car for pinks in 9 months against a smallblock powered s10 .
chank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:49 AM   #2
beef_bourito
AF Enthusiast

Re: so mant questions so little time

there are TONES of things you can do to get horsepower out of that thing. lots of stuff would have to be custom because nobody modifies geos. an easy thing to do is add nitrous, it's cheap, it's easy to install, you'll probably blow your engine because you'll probably do it wrong and run lean. you can do a custom turbocharger system, either building it yourself or getting a performance shop to do it. you shouldn't build it yourself because you don't know enough about engines and stuff to do it yourself without messing something up. a shop can do it but it'll be expensive. finding a supercharger that fits your engine can be easier to install, expensive, but you probably won't screw something up installing it (if you do your research).

you haven't chosen a good platform to work on because most of your work is going to have to be custom since there isn't a big aftermarket for this vehicle.

i haven't actually done research on your car because i simply don't feel like it. if there are aftermarket kits for this vehicle (or a related one with the same engine) someone correct me.

also, btw, you may have lost power from hollowing out your cat

edit: it's also probably going to take a miracle to beat that s10 if he does indead have a small block. you can console yourself in the fact that he probably won't take your car (many people who say they're racing for pinks just say it for fun and don't actually take the pink slip.... also i don't know if he'll want your car)

Mr. T speaks only when necessary. His main form of communication is folding his arms and slowly shaking his head. And regardless of the situation, he is always understood.

On the A-team, Face , Haniabal, and Murdoch were all masters of disguise. Mr T didn't have to wear a disguise. The bad guys didn't recognize him out of fear.
beef_bourito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:14 PM   #3
vgames33
AF Enthusiast

Re: so many questions so little time

Be careful if you add a turbo to that automatic tranny.
vgames33 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical