Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > 300C | SRT8
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #16
1csweets
AF Newbie

Angry Re: Chrysler 300C Hemi transmission problems

I bought a 2006 Chrysler 300C with 34.000 miles on it. I bought this car July 19, 2010, and it is getting ready to go in the shop for the third time for the transmission. The first time the mechanic said the 3rd and 4th gear was burned out and he tore the transmission out and said he almost gave me a totally rebuilt transmission ( to the tune of 2300.00). This car is still under the dealers warranty so I only had to pay my 200 dollar deductible. I had the car for 23 days and the transmission went out again. The warranty company said they would pay for the part, but not the labor because this was a pre-existing problem. The cost for fixing this time was 989.00. I had to pay 275.00. I have had the car 4 days and it has started that whine that sounds like when your power steering is going out, but it is the transmission an before I could drive 5 miles to get home, the transmission started to not pull and revved up real high, and went into transmission "limp mode". This is a safety feature to keep you from causing more damage. It will only allow the car to go about no more that 30 miles an hour. I am going to get rid of this car. I like the way it looks and the way it drives( when it is working), but I cannot be worried that I am going to pull out in the middle of traffic and get hit because the transmission decides to stop working. So, for all of you people who are having problems with their 300C Hemi, you are not alone. They need to do something about this problem before somebody loses their life. Anybody want to buy a 2006 300C Hemi with 37,000 miles on it?
1csweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #17
dlang18
AF Newbie

Re: Chrysler 300C Hemi transmission problems

I have a 2007 chrysler 300 c with the hemi, I've had this vehicle 2 years now. I traveled out of town and a week into my trip I could feel my car driving differently. Finally as I was driving down one of the busiest streets in this city my car stalls. I pulled over turned the car off and on again put it in drive and proceeded on, then it happened just as I reached about 40mph the car stopped accelerating. With my foot all the way on the gas the car went no where it would not even shift into second gear I have a strong feeling its the transmission and with a kid on the way that could be the worse news ever. AM I THE ONLY PERSON TO EXPERIENCE THIS? IF NOT CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A LITTLE MORE INFO ON THIS PLEASE.
dlang18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:44 AM   #18
jtchap71
AF Newbie

My 2005 Chrysler 300C shifter is locked in the Low gear position. It will not move back to park, so I cant even start it. Is this a shifter problem, or a transmission problem? Has anyone else ran into this issue?
jtchap71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #19
Thaiolea
AF Newbie

Yeah i want to buy it! How much?
Thaiolea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:37 PM   #20
Thaiolea
AF Newbie

I have 05 chrysler 300c 5.7l v8. 109,490miles
Still running strong. One time it died in traffic, but luckily i keep a cheap obd2 scanner in my glove box. I scanned it and went to autozone to buy a crankshaft position sensor.(20$)
Since crank sensors act up when the engine is hot, i let it cool down over night. Drove it home and fixed it. The only thing was that the sensor is located next to the transmission bell housing and above the starter. So i had to take the starter out aswell. Still running like a champ
Thaiolea is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > 300C | SRT8