Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Contour
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
ladagosta
AF Regular

question please help resolve 98 contour

Okay this has been sitting for over a month.. my son took it out of town ( approx 125 round trip) about 2 miles from home the car stopped moving. never threw any codes... mind you this car has 225,000 miles on it tranny is the orginal..
parked it on side of road over night next day got and it started up fine and drove slightly sluggish but still able to drive.. appears to have a high whine coming from tranny.. it has been sitting on a friends lot for sale he tells people it has tranny issues and they walk away.. told me he suggests i take it to the junk yard and get my 200 for it..( he hates fords)

I am starting to think twice about junking the car as it is in perfect shape out side of the tranny I can get a used tranny with 135,000 miles on it for 77.00 I am wondering about how invovled it would be to make the swap without the use of a lift? and well the lumina we have as a replacement car is not going to last very long so I want to do this over the summer if others think i should I will venture .. the only thing is the last tranny i replaced was a 1970 maverick and i know that there are many differences between the 2 vehicles.. welcome all input suggestions tips ad tricks..
ladagosta is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Contour