Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > GT
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: Do you like the car?
Yes. 20 83.33%
No. 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 12:46 AM   #31
Demon_Mustang
AF Enthusiast

Yah, something about the A bar not being strong enough to support 1.5 times the weight of the car like it's supposed to. Or something like that.

I still think it's good of Ford to actually recall their cars and fix problems when they find it instead of some other companies that just ignore it and pretend it isn't a problem. I've seen Hyundais up in flames on the side of the road with no signs of an accident more than just once, and I don't think they've bothered to recall them yet...
Old 05-12-2005, 09:09 AM   #32
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Muhahahahaha!!!!

yes but your only capable of 100mph tops its not a sports car. The GT a 500 hp monster an whats wrong with it is the control arms! Of all things the control arms you realize the GT can easily reach 12-140 cruising speed. At that speed if your steering goes theres no turning back.
" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #33
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Re: Re: Muhahahahaha!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsaleen
yes but your only capable of 100mph tops its not a sports car. The GT a 500 hp monster an whats wrong with it is the control arms! Of all things the control arms you realize the GT can easily reach 12-140 cruising speed. At that speed if your steering goes theres no turning back.
The recalled GTs have been fixed.

The GT actually has 550 hp.

Dodge should revise the Viper SRT10 due to the fact that the new Corvette Z06 will not only have more performance for less money but also will be a better sports car. An aluminum chassis could help the Viper as the new aluminum Jaguar XJ proves that lower weight helps performance.

Porsche has yet to fix the RMS (rear main seal) leaks of the 2005 Porsche 997. This problem came out with the 1997 Boxster.

check this link

Porsche RMS leaks
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:18 PM   #34
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Muhahahahaha!!!!

Id assume they kinda have revised the viper. The coupe supposedly has better numbers.
" ~ Igor
Old 05-12-2005, 09:09 PM   #35
Samurai75007
AF Enthusiast

Re: Muhahahahaha!!!!

I have seen that they have made a 3rd prototype or a car I wish is a prototype. This one is red with white stripes and the first two are blue, also about the frames. I whish that more super cars switch to carbon fiber or similar frames, there easy to make and can hold up to a lot of the things you can through at them. They are more but there safe.
Samurai75007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 03:55 AM   #36
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

about the Ford GT recall...

Jay Leno, who owns a Ford GT, said the following in the June 2005 issue of "Automobile":

"I was pleased that Ford was so conscientious about addressing the problem-the repair took only one day."
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 12:53 PM   #37
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Muhahahahaha!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai75007
I whish that more super cars switch to carbon fiber or similar frames, there easy to make and can hold up to a lot of the things you can through at them. They are more but there safe.
Yea me too. But carbon is just so costly. Its not the material itself that is expensive its the actual process of molding it thats costly.
" ~ Igor
Old 12-01-2005, 10:58 AM   #38
Demon_Mustang
AF Enthusiast

I don't get why people give Ford such a hard time when they recall their cars. I know for a fact that other car manufacturers have just as many, if not more, dangerous problems with their cars, but they simply do not recall them, so they don't get in the news. At least Ford is good enough to spend the money and risk the ridicule and recall their cars for the sake of their consumers. I'm glad they do that.

Literally, you think I'm lying, but I have a friend that has had two hyundais CATCH ON FIRE on her, out of nowhere, for no reason, it just decided to explode into flames, and have Hyundai recalled these vehicles for spontaneously catching on fire? No. I have had other friends with other cars with other catastrophic failures to their cars that the manufacturer neglected to fix, but I've never experienced any, I drive a Ford, lol.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > GT