Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 01:22 PM   #1
3000Star
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 3000Star Send a message via Yahoo to 3000Star
Wtf?

ok so im coming home from my gf's house this morning and my car hardly has any power and it seems as if the belts are sliping.i loose all pull when i hit the gas hard and when i bearly give it any gas it will go . it was bearly able to go anywear so i had to leave it at her house. i took off the plastic panels that are covering the serpinteen belt and they seemed a lil loose . and when i would gas it the tac. would work and rev up but wouldnt go anywere...o and by the way just last week i had a new water pump and all my belts replaced... and like a day or two after that i notice a loud sqeeking noise after i started my car up in the morning, but it just sounded like the belts and i figured that was just because they were new. so monday ima have a tow truck pick it up and bring it back to the same place that fucked it up and have them fix what ever they did wrong... and im realy hoping my cars messing up due to them and not something that broke.

does anyone have a clue on what could be going on
3000Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:59 PM   #2
talskinyguy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to talskinyguy
Re: Wtf?

Do you have an auto or a manual? The engine reving and your car not moving sounds like it maybe be a transmision or clutch problem.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:33 PM   #3
G35turbo
AF Enthusiast

YOUR OUT OF CLUTCH STOP DRIVING THE CAR AND BUY NEW CLUTCH!!!!!
I had same problem. my car reved and it dident move and that was my clutch but if you want u can go ask the dealer to check out for you and they will tell you what is the problem with your car.

Good Luck
G35turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 01:39 PM   #4
3000Star
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 3000Star Send a message via Yahoo to 3000Star

its an auto
3000Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 02:09 PM   #5
G35turbo
AF Enthusiast

ohh then i dont now, then you got a problem with your tranny. I thought that your car is manual.
G35turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 06:36 PM   #6
Twizted_3KGT
AF Enthusiast

well first off, that's not your serpentine belt under the cover, that's your timing belt, and if you're water pump was replace that should have been replaced too. Did this happen immediately after the work was done, or was it fine for a while and then it happened? My guess would be your torque converter is bad since it does the same job as a clutch would, unless it has something to do with the timing. Are there any popping or strange noises when you get on the gas? Well I just happen to have a good torque converter if you end up needing it let me know i'll give it to ya dirt cheap cuz I don't need it.
Twizted_3KGT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth