Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 05:04 PM   #1
teens race better
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to teens race better
Unhappy total newb wit a pony car

hey ppl
ima newb to AF but im no newb to speed
im 16 and i kno more about cars than most grown men who claim they know what theyre talkin about

anyway im about a month away from picking up my first car and im sold on the 2001 SVT COBRA! my dad is paying for the insurance first off and he wants me 2 get tha g35 coupe because its "classy" but i dont want to spend that much on a car right now and i want the raw power of a muscle car (muscle car fans know what im talkin about). g35 coupe is in my top 3 but its too refined for me. plus i would be more likely to keep the stang for a very long time (my whole life if possible) (i love classics). i would probably trade in the g35 in about 2 years for a benz or something. plus g35s r so hard to find used for any cheaper than a brand new one. i kno, i kno, u get wat u pay for, but i dont want a sporty coupe right now.

ive driven the cobra stick and that bad boi moves. the question i have for u (experienced) automotive enthusiasts is: is there anything i should know about (other than the car is plastic and not as reliable as japanese cars) that would sway me from purchasing the '01 cobra stang. also are there any differences between the coupe and vert (cuz i like tha vert) but some convertible versions of cars do not handle as well as their coupe counterparts. and are there any other cars you would recommend. i think outside the box so i am open to "any" suggestions u may have. o and im 6-4 so comfortability is a bit of concern. thx for any advice u may have and be assured i wont just post this and not return to check for replies.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:07 PM   #2
Mr. Luos
Firebird Guy

Re: total newb wit a pony car

Quote:
Originally Posted by teens race better
im sold on the 2001 SVT COBRA!
Quote:
i want the raw power of a muscle car (muscle car fans know what im talkin about).
Raw power?? But you are sold on a Mustang?

You lost me.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747
Stock'ish'
Old 10-08-2005, 06:10 PM   #3
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

Quote:

anyway im about a month away from picking up my first car and im sold on the 2001 SVT COBRA!

but i dont want a sporty coupe right now.

What do you think a Mustang is? A luxo-sedan with a pony badge?

Also, could you do me a favor and size that signature of yours down... the pic is rather large. We all know what a Mustang looks like, we don't need a oversized picture showing us each time you post... Thanks bud.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

Old 10-08-2005, 06:36 PM   #4
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie

And this is number 2 of 3 closed.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General