Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Mustang Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
jubil22
AF Newbie

Unhappy Vent, A/C, Defrost vacuum switch problem

I have a 1993 Mustang LX. I was working on the A/C fan, vent cluster and heard a little hissing noise. Now when I turn the A/C on it blows through the defrost and heat vents, it won't switch to the dash vents.

I assume I lost vacuum on the switch. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem. I tried tightening the nuts on the vacuum hoses but no luck.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. It was working before I heard the hiss noise. I was working on the hot/cold switch at the time. The plastic clip that slides the wire is broken.
Would it be better to just replace the whole cluster?

Last edited by jubil22; 07-14-2012 at 02:09 PM.
jubil22 is offline   Reply With Quote