Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Acclaim
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
brianradomski
AF Newbie

timing belt my 89 acclaim

Bought the car 3 or 4 years ago at 96,000 miles driven by their mother. Then i figured out/found out the odometer broke at 96,000. SO this past summer I got concerned about its timing belt. DOES this 2.5 engine go into valve slap?? This accalim proves itself with every turn of the key and trip so not knowing a thing about the present timing belt I figure I better change it. SO POINT IS since the present timing belt remains intact does that mean that all I need to do is remove this one and just mount the new one, no need to reset the crank and cam ??? IF the belt broke/snapped them crank and camshaft would have run on and out and need to be reset. Does ONE motormount have to be unfastened engine lifted??? UGH the cost of having it done! THANK YOU PEOPLE!
brianradomski is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Acclaim